- 05-06-19 11:07 AM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
- Join Date
- May 2018
- In a holler on a lake, MI
Another trip for trans shudder.......
So after being declined for performing the latest tsb attempting to fix my shudder:
I called Cadillac and got nowhere - "If it passes the test there's nothing to repair" was all I could get.
Back to the dealership, I took the SM for a ride and showed him when and where my low speed problems occur, but it's actually the worst on the highway at a steady cruise with grade changes. Feels like bad tire balance, but it comes and goes. We didn't bother getting on the highway.
Anyway, SM agreed to do the TSB regardless of test results and I dropped it off this morning. Fingers are crossed.
Now, here's the rub.....
Since my car's been at the dealership so often in the short time I've owned it (Total of nearly 6 weeks at the dealership. I bought the car 1 year ago May 3rd.), I'm driving my 5th different '18 or '19 CTS loaner. They've all been great powertrain wise until today.
The one I have is a '19 with 750 miles on it and has the shudder. It's not as bad as mine but it's there. Some might not notice it, but I can't help being critical of it now.
Stay tuned...... I'll definitely be posting my impressions when I get it back.
- 05-07-19 12:14 AM #2
Re: Another trip for trans shudder.......
Unfortunately performing the TSB may minimize the shudder temporarily but that is all. It ruins the driving experience having to constantly adjust throttle input to keep the torque converter out of shutter RPM's.
What astonishes me the most is the issue spans all model years of the ATS and they just deny and delay. Just as they have with the CT6 transmissions issues.
The ATS is the perfect blend of performance, style, design and luxury. Its criminal to hamstring it with unfixable transmission flaws, unfixable CUE flaws, unfixable HVAC flaws and rear ends that leak and fail.
- By LDP in forum Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012Replies: 9Last Post: 11-21-18, 07:34 AM
- By jgm038 in forum Cadillac ATS General Discussion ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 08-22-17, 05:19 PM
- By toolman8 in forum 2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General DiscussionReplies: 20Last Post: 07-26-14, 05:51 PM
- By hedrives in forum Cadillac V-Sport General DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 05-30-14, 12:02 PM
- By eldorado99 in forum Community Lounge, Introductions and General DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 12-07-09, 02:52 PM