Another trip for trans shudder.......
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RonBaker
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Another trip for trans shudder....... in Cadillac ATS Forums; So after being declined for performing the latest tsb attempting to fix my shudder: https://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-bad-news.html I called Cadillac and got ...
    RudyF6 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....

Another trip for trans shudder.......

So after being declined for performing the latest tsb attempting to fix my shudder:
    https://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-bad-news.html
    I called Cadillac and got nowhere - "If it passes the test there's nothing to repair" was all I could get.
    Back to the dealership, I took the SM for a ride and showed him when and where my low speed problems occur, but it's actually the worst on the highway at a steady cruise with grade changes. Feels like bad tire balance, but it comes and goes. We didn't bother getting on the highway.
    Anyway, SM agreed to do the TSB regardless of test results and I dropped it off this morning. Fingers are crossed.

Now, here's the rub.....
    Since my car's been at the dealership so often in the short time I've owned it (Total of nearly 6 weeks at the dealership. I bought the car 1 year ago May 3rd.), I'm driving my 5th different '18 or '19 CTS loaner. They've all been great powertrain wise until today.
    The one I have is a '19 with 750 miles on it and has the shudder. It's not as bad as mine but it's there. Some might not notice it, but I can't help being critical of it now.

Stay tuned...... I'll definitely be posting my impressions when I get it back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

RonBaker is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5 ltr Base

Re: Another trip for trans shudder.......

Unfortunately performing the TSB may minimize the shudder temporarily but that is all. It ruins the driving experience having to constantly adjust throttle input to keep the torque converter out of shutter RPM's.

What astonishes me the most is the issue spans all model years of the ATS and they just deny and delay. Just as they have with the CT6 transmissions issues.

The ATS is the perfect blend of performance, style, design and luxury. Its criminal to hamstring it with unfixable transmission flaws, unfixable CUE flaws, unfixable HVAC flaws and rear ends that leak and fail.
    rsingl, oemtech, oemtech and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in