CTS ('14) battery replacement; odd (wired) object.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CTS ('14) battery replacement; odd (wired) object. in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; In the process of cleaning out my trunk I found an odd device on the trunk floor. Against the rear ...
    Robert White is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Sedan - Luxury - 2.0 T - RW drive

CTS ('14) battery replacement; odd (wired) object.

In the process of cleaning out my trunk I found an odd device on the trunk floor.

Against the rear seat "wall" on the trunk floor was a 6 inch long black plastic rectangular object with wires attached.

Does anybody know what it is?? What it does? The trunk carpet mat even has a depression where it covers it up, so I'm assuming it's factory equipment.

I've got pictures of it, but have no idea of how to post them here on the forum.

Regards to all on this hot and muggy pre-summer day.

Bob White AKA Birdmanshooter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

joeshred85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4
    I know exactly what your talking about but have no idea what it does. At first I thought it might be a sensor to let you know you had something in the trunk/back seat (the new xt4 does that) but nope.

Richard427 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5

Re: CTS ('14) battery replacement; odd (wired) object.

There was a discussion on this same object awhile back. (maybe a year or more). When I looked up the part number that is on the thing it comes back as a ANTENNA. Remote start function ETC.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in