2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Do brake lights come on if automatic front brake assist is activated? in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; Since owning my 14 caddy today I was momentarily distracted and my automatic front brake assist was activated. I was ...
- 05-15-19 11:55 PM #1
Do brake lights come on if automatic front brake assist is activated?
Since owning my 14 caddy today I was momentarily distracted and my automatic front brake assist was activated. I was travelling at a slow speed and the brake assist activated while I was transferring my foot from the gas pedal to the brake, however red lights momentarily flashed in my instrument cluster. I don't think I was in any danger because the brake assist only lasted a fraction of a second before I applied brake pressure. However, I was wondering if the brake lights come on when brake assist is activated to alert any vehicles behind me? I would expect they are but let's hear from the experts.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 05-17-19 03:52 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): `14 CTS V-Sport Premium - Silver
- Join Date
- Sep 2014
- McKinney, TX
Re: Do brake lights come on if automatic front brake assist is activated?
They would have to. Though I've never seen it conclusively, could you imagine if they didn't. Slam the brakes and don't give anyone behind you any warning?! That'd be insane. And if it wasn't set to activate the lights, the first time it happened and someone was hit GM would be killed in a lawsuit.
- By bradzeidler1 in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-20-18, 08:35 AM
- By ValAllyn in forum Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-16, 02:03 PM
- By richardbbarger in forum Cadillac XTS ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 06-19-13, 06:56 PM
- By x527gci in forum Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009Replies: 7Last Post: 11-20-12, 08:33 PM
- By trojannemo in forum Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-09, 01:42 AM