rebuilding 2014, Headlight issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
2014+ Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, rebuilding 2014, Headlight issues in Cadillac CTS Third Generation Forum - 2014+; I am rebuilding a 2014 new style headlights and fender car, when i bought it it needed the font replaced ...
    kbls6305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question rebuilding 2014, Headlight issues

I am rebuilding a 2014 new style headlights and fender car, when i bought it it needed the font replaced including the driver side headlamp assembly and the connector plug rewired to the wiring harness, I purchased the headlamp and the plug from ebay and had the plug pinned and wired to the harness matching the passenger side. when the light was in place and turned on the led day time running lights are amber in color, the same as the turning signals on the bottom fog lights when signal is on or emergency flasher, the passenger side drl never turn an amber color, they are always clear. This is an ebay light so i thought the module/ballast could be wring, or the bulbs if that is possible. could it be a wring issue? is amber drl even an option in any headlamp like this? Any input or suggestion is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

kbls6305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: rebuilding 2014, Headlight issues

Denrael is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

Re: rebuilding 2014, Headlight issues

Quote Originally Posted by kbls6305 View Post
    I am rebuilding a 2014 new style headlights and fender car, when i bought it it needed the font replaced including the driver side headlamp assembly and the connector plug rewired to the wiring harness, I purchased the headlamp and the plug from ebay and had the plug pinned and wired to the harness matching the passenger side. when the light was in place and turned on the led day time running lights are amber in color, the same as the turning signals on the bottom fog lights when signal is on or emergency flasher, the passenger side drl never turn an amber color, they are always clear. This is an ebay light so i thought the module/ballast could be wring, or the bulbs if that is possible. could it be a wring issue? is amber drl even an option in any headlamp like this? Any input or suggestion is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Don't have an absolute solution, but can tell you the DRL's are always clear/white. But you also have another issue... Why aren't the vertical portion (below the headlamp) of the DRL's lit? They should be on any time the upper DRL's are on, turning amber on the vertical portion during flasher/blinker operation. My guess... this is probably a wiring problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in