Brake calipers + duplicolor red anodized + red lug nuts + V center caps = : )
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By CVP33
  • 2 Post By tinman
  • 4 Post By 1pieceatatime
  • 2 Post By vfaninva
  • 4 Post By CVP33
2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Brake calipers + duplicolor red anodized + red lug nuts + V center caps = : ) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2015; Lot's of work and prep. Taping everything off, 3 coats of red anodized, 2 coats of clear. I'm pleased with ...
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757

Brake calipers + duplicolor red anodized + red lug nuts + V center caps = : )

Lot's of work and prep. Taping everything off, 3 coats of red anodized, 2 coats of clear. I'm pleased with the results.....now we'll see how it holds up under high temps.

BEFORE

AFTER

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Brake calipers + duplicolor red anodized + red lug nuts + V center caps = : )

So is that just a red-tinted clear coat over the existing silver? Came out well; will definitely be interesting to see how it holds up, as you said.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, 19x8.5/10" CCW T140s with Toyo Proxes T1 Sports (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Re: Brake calipers + duplicolor red anodized + red lug nuts + V center caps = : )

Yes, it's a tint that makes it look like red anodized in person. Really glossy finish. We'll see.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS-V Long Roof 6MT; '10 CTS Long Roof, '16 ATS-V Sedan

Spray?

It looks sharp!
    CVP33 and CVP33 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Spray?

It looks sharp!
    Rattle can. 1 red anodized, 1 clear and plenty left over. Put 3 coats of color and 2 coats of clear.

1pieceatatime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Future V?

It looks great, but I like the gold calipers better... sends a certain message.
    CVP33, CVP33, Club Malibu and 1 others like this.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
    Looks great! Is there a gold anodized spray? Might try this if it holds up for you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never mind, just found it. I'll work on repainting the flaking silver paint on my coupes engine cover first though.
    CVP33 and CVP33 like this.

ttboost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan

I rattled mine with 3 coats of green and 2 coats of clear. It still chipped when I bumped it with my wheel, putting them on. Oh well. Where did you get your center caps. Those are TSW's no? I have Interlagos, still no caps...

This is what I did for my Nurburgrings.

1) Start with the center cap size. TSW's are 66-68mm. I used an eBay vendor. Most are from eastern block nations or Hong Kong so be ready to wait about 3 weeks for delivery.

2) The center caps come from 3Dcarsticker. This company is out of the Ukraine, which is probably why they have no problem violating copywrite laws. The center caps have a 66mm mounting surface with a little lip around it to center the decal. You send them a graphic file of the emblem and the background you want to use. They do a mock up and then send it back to you for approval. Once approved and paid you'll be waiting about a month for delivery so be patient. I order two sets - V and new Cadillac logo because I wasn't sure which one I'd like best.

Figure about a month to get these done and $30 a set.

Center Caps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68mm-Silver-...tUnQLp&vxp=mtr

Center Cap decals

http://3dcarstickers.com

These guys have made 4 sets for me. Very happy with the results.

imagejpg1-8.jpg

Very nice, thank you for that. ^^^ is exactly what I want to do too...

Here's the 2 files I sent to 3D stickers. They combine the 2 and send you a rendering. You then approve and pay. About 3 days later you get an email telling you they are on the way. No tracking unfortunately so just be patient.

http://churchmediadesign.tv/cmdwp/wp...CombBlured.jpg

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/logos/v-white.jpg

----------

Here's the 2 renderings they sent me back for approval.

tinman, tinman, vfaninva and 1 others like this.

Reached out to them about the center caps. Same deal, $15.99 for a set of 4. Gonne get 2 sets also. I just want to be sure, they ONLY provide the center part that sticks on the center cap, NOT the whole cap? You said yours was 66-68 mm, but mine is only about 59-60? I measured the TSW disc that comes with the center caps. 2.345", which is 59.5mm.

Strange. Mine are 66-68mm. And yes you're only buying the 3D decal to stick on the center cap blank. I put both the stickers and caps in the microwave to get them a little hot (20 secs). I pressed them on for a good minute per cap. They don't come off so no worries. I've had one set for over two years. Best part is when you get bored with them just order another set.....less than $30 and can really change up the look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in