Intake isolators
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Intake isolators in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    Nicksel1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Performance and 2015 SRX Luxury

Intake isolators

So Im ready to buy an intake spacer mainly since Im doing the timing chain so while I have everything open I figured Id throw one in. I also bought the 78mm throttle body and would like to open up and port the intake to match the bigger throttle body.

But my main question is does anybody have an insulator installed? And if so which one? Seems like some of them are pretty thick and some are not.

Jacfab his are like 3/4 thick

Mace engineering has two models a 6mm little less than 1/4 $90
    and a 12mm in between 7/16 & 1/2$125
    And mace has a Plenum spacer as well they say works well with the other spacers. But now Im thinking with all that added height it may not clear the strut tower brace.

Vmaxx is hard to tell how thick it is but its only $70

Anybody know any other companies selling these??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

acstudios is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD

Re: Intake isolators

I do, thicker is wayyyyy better but it won't go right back together that easily. The main issue is that the stupid oil spout deal is too short to accommodate the increased height of the upper plenum. Mine came from Revhigh and I think they're all about the same TBH.

I extended the oil neck but cutting it in half and putting a piece of 3/4 NPT pipe between it. It works reasonably well other than a few drops of oil here and there lol. Mine is the 26mm / 1.02"*one, which Mace has as well but is expensive. The higher it is the cooler it gets and the more low end torque it adds. The JacFab one is likely your best bet but you may have to mod for it too.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in