Cts new suspension parts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DavesWagon
  • 1 Post By CaddyFred
  • 1 Post By silversport
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Cts new suspension parts in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...
    Nicksel1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Performance and 2015 SRX Luxury

Cts new suspension parts

So guys I have some concerns. Last week and I replaced all four shocks and struts upper and lower bushings with the OEM FE2 and also did sway bar bushing’s and swaybar in links. But I did not replace the coils. Now I’m second-guessing if I should’ve. The car still seems bouncy it has 120,000 miles on it it is a 2010 CTS all wheel drive 3.6 L. Me and my mechanic had a heated discussion back-and-forth about whether or not we should replace the coils. I thought we should’ve because they also have 120,000 miles on it he seems to think that they don’t wear out but after replacing all that stuff I just don’t feel like the car rides as nice as I hoped it would. What is your guys thoughts on the situation? Does everything just need to break in a little bit or should I everything back out and put coils in? And if so should I go with the stock 6NX AND 7NX coils?

I forgot I made the other post about the coils the other day. So we did the spring tool and was super easy honestly. Was a two person job though. The upper and lower arm bushings seemed tight with no play at all. Believe or or not. Same with ball joints. Maybe they’ve been replaced in the past. In hindsight I would have saved the money by just buying the springs instead of now probably paying him twice to take off my struts and replacing them. that's what I get for trying to be cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

HurstGN is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)

Re: Cts new suspension parts

Replace everything and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    I know I know. The more I wait on people respond the more I’m regretting not just putting springs on too. But it was more money and I was running thin. Maybe I’ll save up and grab them

DavesWagon is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Sport Wagon

What do you mean by "bouncy"? How long have you had the car - is it bouncy compared to what it felt like new, or just what you think it should feel like new? Despite it's name, the FE2 suspension is far from being a "sport" suspension.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Nicksel1 likes this.

Cts new suspension parts

Quote Originally Posted by DavesWagon View Post
    What do you mean by "bouncy"? How long have you had the car - is it bouncy compared to what it felt like new, or just what you think it should feel like new? Despite it's name, the FE2 suspension is far from being a "sport" suspension.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I've had it for 6 months or so. It was much more bouncy before almost like it wanted to Bottom out much easier than it does now. And when parked you could push hard on the fender and it would bounce almost 3 times. Now it's definitely stiffer. Both the rear Shocks were leaking. But all 4 shocks had at least some rebound left

CaddyFred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury

Old springs can sag a bit but they will not make the ride bouncy. Your ride height may be a little lower with the old springs but is that a bad thing?. I agree with your mechanic.
    silversport likes this.

acstudios is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD

I can sell you some super high quality professionally cut Bouncemaster 3000 springs. I had them on my car and you could bounce for days after hitting a bump, they're the ultimate in non-performance downgrades for your car. This is a limited time offer and supplies won't last long, get yours today!

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): **2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**

what tires and what size wheels do you have on your car again???...different tires can really change how a car feels on the road and reacts...

I have the FE1 suspension with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+...the tires seem to me to have more road feel and stiffer sidewalls than the OEM Michelins did...I bought my CTS4 Sport Wagon with 32K miles and have 57K on it now...have had the A/S 3+for almost 20K miles...

Bill
    CaddyFred likes this.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): **2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**

...after reading around the Forum I think yours was FE2 from the factory...still, if your tires are old or are more of a "touring" tire rather than a more aggressive all season or Summer tire...

Good luck with your car

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in