Brembo and stock wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Brembo and stock wheels in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does anyone know if 04-07 brembos (front and rear) fit with the 18x8 wheels -->...
    Big_kid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6 PFI

Brembo and stock wheels

Does anyone know if 04-07 brembos (front and rear) fit with the 18x8 wheels

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

acstudios is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Black Raven Sedan / LY7 / 6 Speed Manual AY6 / RWD

Re: Brembo and stock wheels

You'll want to move this to the 1st gen V forums. It does look like the factory wheel was 18x8.5 though.

sorry, I should say V1 brembo on second generation CTS (base) that came with 18x8 wheels

Might be possible, these crazy bastards pulled it off with a 17" Vette wheel: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...s-17-rims.html

The J55 brake option has a very large bulky caliper with a 13.58" front and 13.3" on the rear, those fit with the 18" wheel option with room to breathe. You would need to change the rotor obviously, but it will work with a 14" Camaro rotor I think. The bolt pattern on the 2010 SS is 5x120 and a match to the second gen CTS that you have.

This gentleman here has done a similar conversion to a 4th gen F-body: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaE2TkFFZ0

I'm not sure how the mounting points on the 1st gen caliper compare to the 2nd gen though.

silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): **2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**

you have 18" wheels and tires on a 2nd Gen CTS base???...should be 17"ers if you are intact talking about the CTS and not the V

Bill

romanster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 OBM Premium RWD Coupe, Touring package

It's down to spoke design, and offsets. V2 guys have 17" drag wheels available that clear all day, front and rear.
    The V1 calipers are the same as the Camaro SS brembos, and those came with different wheels than base Camaros.

I have the V2 yellow brembos, and run 15mm bolt-on spacers for the the stock 19" wheels up front, otherwise they would rub. Rear 19" stocks clear the brembos fine, but I have 20mm bolt on spacers to move the wheels out. I use the stock 19" for winter tires. Summer 20" wheels fit with no spacers.

I would be prepared to run spacers up front with your stock 18" wheels, get a pair of 15mm bolt ons from ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by romanster View Post
    It's down to spoke design, and offsets. V2 guys have 17" drag wheels available that clear all day, front and rear.
    The V1 calipers are the same as the Camaro SS brembos, and those came with different wheels than base Camaros.

I have the V2 yellow brembos, and run 15mm bolt-on spacers for the the stock 19" wheels up front, otherwise they would rub. Rear 19" stocks clear the brembos fine, but I have 20mm bolt on spacers to move the wheels out. I use the stock 19" for winter tires. Summer 20" wheels fit with no spacers.

I would be prepared to run spacers up front with your stock 18" wheels, get a pair of 15mm bolt ons from ebay.
    What did you do for rotors Romanster? Hello from Ontario BTW lol.

Hello! *secret Ontario hand wave*

I wanted cross drilled rotors, I like the look. Went for V2 fronts (14.6", 370mm) from CanadaBrakes, and Camaro SS rear rotors (14.4", 365mm) from ebay, with ceramic pads for less dust to clean. Plain front rotors are much cheaper.

For V1 calipers, you can use Camaro SS rotors, 360mm front and 365mm rear, yes the fronts are smaller on that platform.
    acstudios likes this.

Hello! *secret Ontario hand wave*

I wanted cross drilled rotors, I like the look. Went for V2 fronts (14.6", 370mm) from CanadaBrakes, and Camaro SS rear rotors (14.4", 365mm) from ebay, with ceramic pads for less dust to clean. Plain front rotors are much cheaper.

For V1 calipers, you can use Camaro SS rotors, 360mm front and 365mm rear, yes the fronts are smaller on that platform.
    Awesome, nice to know. I need to upgrade my C6 Z51 brakes on my hot rod at some point, the V2 calipers with those rotors would be great.

Silver sport
    Yes, option code P63
    silversport likes this.

I'm not sure how the mounting points on the 1st gen caliper compare to the 2nd gen though.[/QUOTE]

I'd say they are the same because the V1 guys are putting V2 calipers on 04-07

Caliper mounting points are still the same, even with the 3rd gen CTS and ATS. The V3 gets even bigger 15.4" front rotors (390mm), so those front calipers are different than V2. Rear Brembo calipers remain the same across V1/2/3.

The difference with the V1/SS calipers is the smaller diameter M12 mounting bolts instead of the M14 that the 2nd gen and V2/V3 have. Ideally you'd have a bushing cylinder sleeve taking up the room in the knuckle caliper mount holes to avoid potential movement, but that's up to you, it's unlikely they'll move at all after final torquing. There's one member who fit V1 front calipers onto his 2nd gen CTS, in the more recent pages of the Brembo upgrade thread in this forum subsection.

Caliper mounting points are still the same, even with the 3rd gen CTS and ATS. The V3 gets even bigger 15.4" front rotors (390mm), so those front calipers are different than V2. Rear Brembo calipers remain the same across V1/2/3.

The difference with the V1/SS calipers is the smaller diameter M12 mounting bolts instead of the M14 that the 2nd gen and V2/V3 have. Ideally you'd have a bushing cylinder sleeve taking up the room in the knuckle caliper mount holes to avoid potential movement, but that's up to you, it's unlikely they'll move at all after final torquing. There's one member who fit V1 front calipers onto his 2nd gen CTS, in the more recent pages of the Brembo upgrade thread in this forum subsection.
    You would definitely want to drill and tap the calipers in that instance to match the M14 bolt from the caliper mount.

There's one member who fit V1 front calipers onto his 2nd gen CTS, in the more recent pages of the Brembo upgrade thread in this forum subsection.
    I dont like the looks of the V2 front calipers. That's why I went this route. Just ordered V1 front/rear calipers to mock up and see if these P63 wheels will fit. If not then I guess I get V wheels too.

I received front/rear V1 calipers Saturday from Amazon (dam their shipping is fast). I mocked both up today and both front/rear P63 wheels fit with 7/16" clearance.

I would add pictures but everytime I try it says picture is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in