DVD Headrests for under $200.00 self installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, DVD Headrests for under $200.00 self installed in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; When I purchased my 2009 CTS I got a price of $1900.00 to have headrest 7 inch DVD's. I thought ...
    KenD245 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

DVD Headrests for under $200.00 self installed

When I purchased my 2009 CTS I got a price of $1900.00 to have headrest 7 inch DVD's. I thought this price was too high so I turned it down.

While I was in Sams Club I spotted on display Twin Mobile DVD players that can be strapped onto the back of your existing headrests. The price was $189.00 for 8 inch screens.

I was able to strap the monitor around the headrest and tuck the wiring into the seat. You can either plug the power cord into the rear cigarette lighter or remove the back of the console and take power from behind the cigarette lighter. I hid all the wires and poped off the back of the console and tapped into the line behind the cigarette lighter.

The nice thing about this installation is that each monitor has its own DVD player. When you sell the car you can easily remove the entire installation. The kit even comes with an AC power connection so you can remove it from the car and play it by plugging into any electric outlet.

I bought separately headphones so the granchildren can watch their favorite DVD's without others in the car hearing it.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: DVD Headrests for under $200.00 self installed

Wow, it doesn't get any better. Especially the price and ease of installation.
    Plus you can easily remove it.

indhci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

That is sweet, and really nice for you to post. Very helpful, I just got a 09 CTS and I was trying to figure out what to do for DVD players. THANKS!!!!!!!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Yeah, I did the same thing in my SRX. Nice post.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in