location of second rubber cap plug in radiator. (not the drain plug)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Long
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, location of second rubber cap plug in radiator. (not the drain plug) in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My 2009 CTS sprang a major leak in a rubber cap plug located on the top right inside of the ...
    salty joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

location of second rubber cap plug in radiator. (not the drain plug)

My 2009 CTS sprang a major leak in a rubber cap plug located on the top right inside of the radiator. It was easy to fix but I can't find the second cap. It must be ready to fail. Anybody willing to share the location of the second cap would be much appreciated.
    Luckily, my wife pays attention to things like the temp gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: location of second rubber cap plug in radiator. (not the drain plug)

What rubber cap are you referring to (I've never heard of a rubber cap on a radiator), and why do you think there's a second that's about to fail?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, 19x8.5/10" CCW T140s with Toyo Proxes T1 Sports (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Long is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '89 Coupe deVille 4.5L V8, '10 CTS4 3.6L DI Performance/Luxury sedan

You asked the questions that the rest of us have been pondering.
    silversport likes this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)

Might be an aftermarket rad with aux cooling that isn't used and the aux cooling had rubber caps on it when installed?

AAIIIC is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Maybe salty joe can provide a picture of the first rubber cap so we can figure out what he's talking about.

salty joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I took a picture and even though I set the camera file size at small, it's too big for this site. I don't know how to make it smaller.
    Anyway, the plug is a 3/4" rubber cap that fits over a 3/4" tube. I think there must be another one because it must either be an inlet or an outlet-I can't imagine openings in a radiator not coming in pairs.
    Good call on an after market radiator. I know this car took a hit on the front before bought it.
    Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it.
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Download the picture to a computer picture file folder. Open it using something like Windows Paint, resize it to less than 800 X 800. Use this site Advanced, Manage Attachments window, upload the picture.

Please update your profile to show car(s) driven, approximate location, time zone, other info. It sure makes advice and diagnosis easier when the members can see at a glance what they're working on.

Which engine, cooling system, which radiator ?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,radiator,2172

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in