2010 CTS prem awd, Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. car over heated
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joseph Upson
  • 1 Post By Long
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 CTS prem awd, Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. car over heated in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello to all Cadi family. My 2010 CTS prem awd, has a Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. Car overheated. ...
    shane.hall05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy 2010 CTS prem awd, Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. car over heated

Hello to all Cadi family.
    My 2010 CTS prem awd, has a Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. Car overheated. Had to tow it back home. Any suggestions at what i could be looking at because there is no Cadi dealership nearby and i'd probably have to get under the car myself. my guess is the coolant hose under belly corroded or rusted out or something. This has never happened before until a week before it happened I had to get the car unstuck from snow or shall I say had to get the car pulled out of being high centered by another tow truck in neutral gear. It then ran fine for a week exactly and then this big leak happened and overheated. Please advice/suggest or help. I love this car and don't wanna give up on it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Joseph Upson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI

Re: 2010 CTS prem awd, Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. car over heated

Welcome aboard. The most practical approach is to wait until daylight and survey under the hood. I doubt the tow will have caused any trouble that would not have been present immediately following. On the driver side you do have a radiator hose and a reservoir tank. You'll have to be careful in this process because if the leak is not obvious, you will need to fill the system to help reveal it and water is the most practical source as opposed to wasting new radiator fluid. If water is used you will need to make sure that once the problem is resolved, the coolant is sufficiently freeze proof by concentration.
    silversport likes this.

redheadedrod is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD

I had an issue with a new hose I put on... Tested fine when at idle but came loose when actually driving it...

sl76lang76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts

My 08 cts did the same thing. It was the thermostat housing assembly. Was a one of the hose was leaking cooling from the top and dripping down under the car..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Long is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '89 Coupe deVille 4.5L V8, '10 CTS4 3.6L DI Performance/Luxury sedan

Quote Originally Posted by shane.hall05 View Post
    Hello to all Cadi family.
    My 2010 CTS prem awd, has a Heavy Coolant leak from drivers side. Car overheated. Had to tow it back home. Any suggestions at what i could be looking at because there is no Cadi dealership nearby and i'd probably have to get under the car myself. my guess is the coolant hose under belly corroded or rusted out or something. This has never happened before until a week before it happened I had to get the car unstuck from snow or shall I say had to get the car pulled out of being high centered by another tow truck in neutral gear. It then ran fine for a week exactly and then this big leak happened and overheated. Please advice/suggest or help. I love this car and don't wanna give up on it.
    Thanks in advance.
    If your belly pans are still intact, the leak could be originating from virtually anywhere.
    Do as Joseph advises and get a good look under the hood during the daylight hours to determine where the coolant is coming from.

Post back with your findings.

SGTAC33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI

I had a similar issue and it was the auxiliary water pump

Long is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '89 Coupe deVille 4.5L V8, '10 CTS4 3.6L DI Performance/Luxury sedan

Quote Originally Posted by SGTAC33 View Post
    I had a similar issue and it was the auxiliary water pump
    The auxiliary water pump was only used on '08-'09 models.
    SGTAC33 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in