trunk emblem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By romanster
  • 1 Post By 1969byrdman
  • 1 Post By romanster
  • 1 Post By romanster
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Appearance Mods Discussion, trunk emblem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; How do I get the back of my trunk emblem to replace it? The upper latch has a plastic cover, ...
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

trunk emblem

How do I get the back of my trunk emblem to replace it? The upper latch has a plastic cover, is that removable? how do I remove the plastic "push" tabs? Do I have to buy new ones to replace them or are they reusable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

romanster is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 OBM Premium RWD Coupe, Touring package

Re: trunk emblem

Are you just replacing the crest and wreath emblems? No need for full lid disassembly, those are just attached with double sided emblem tape. Cut through it with fishing line, then remove the remaining foam and adhesive. There are 2 holes on the trunk lid where locating pegs on the crest emblem go through, so you'll have to fishline saw from all sides of the crest towards the center. You may have a ghosting outline from oxidized/weathered clearcoat compared to the pristine protected area under the foam tape, you can buff that away by hand with a microfiber towel and cutting compound.

Wipe area clean with alcohol before you attach the new emblems.
    wcthunder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by romanster View Post
    Are you just replacing the crest and wreath emblems? No need for full lid disassembly, those are just attached with double sided emblem tape. Cut through it with fishing line, then remove the remaining foam and adhesive. There are 2 holes on the trunk lid where locating pegs on the crest emblem go through, so you'll have to fishline saw from all sides of the crest towards the center. You may have a ghosting outline from oxidized/weathered clearcoat compared to the pristine protected area under the foam tape, you can buff that away by hand with a microfiber towel and cutting compound.

Wipe area clean with alcohol before you attach the new emblems.
    Great, I thought I would to go from the backside to unscrew a nut or something. My current emblem is sun faded. I want to remove the "3.6" & "CTS" and replace the crest. Do you know if the new crest emblem will fit? do you know if it's the same thing for the front?

1969byrdman is offline US Coast Guard: Semper Paratus
    Automobile(s): 2003 DeVille base, 148K miles

try http://www.biggdaddycaddy.com/ high quality OEM badges, but they ain't cheap.
    wcthunder likes this.

I used the rear ATS Coupe crest for mine (23157691) since it's the most angled, but the CTS coupe trunk has a serious peak, so none of the new style crest emblems will fit without modification. Some people just give'r with heat and bend the whole emblem to match the shape of the coupe trunk, which works, but it creases the chrome a good amount.

I separated the colored insert from the chrome emblem, cut relief notches along the top bottom and inside of the emblem, then heated and bent to match the shape. Reassembled the colored insert (after cutting it in half to match the new shape), added new emblem tape, covered the holes on the trunk lid, and stuck it like the avatar pic shows.

The front emblem is really integrated into the shape and design of the grill, so trying to stick on a new style emblem is going to look really obvious. It works best with a blank aftermarket grill, either those mesh ones from ebay, or a V bumper conversion which come with badgeless grills. I left mine alone since I was doing a V bumper swap anyway.
    wcthunder likes this.

AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13' Premium CTS Wagon AWD

Has anyone done a true emblem delete? As in remove the emblems, sanded down the back panel, filled the holes, and repainted everything? Unless you already needed to repainted the trunk it probably wouldn't be worth it, but then again I do plenty of shit that isn't worth it so maybe someones done it?

Looking for ideas for attaching this emblem to my front wire mesh grille? I like to connect it to my headlights source. I don't want it on during the day, only when the auto-headlights come on.

oops, sorry forgot the link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19238317786...=true#viTabs_0

AJO713 what color is your car? There are companies that sell color matched vinyl patches for covering nicks and dings instead of a full repair and respray. Might be worth a try as a temporary thing in case you don't like the debadged look.

wcthunder, did you post a picture or link to the emblem you have? Is it a LED back-lit emblem? You can wire your emblem +ive wire to one of the Low Beam fuses or relays in the engine fusebox.
    wcthunder likes this.

AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13' Premium CTS Wagon AWD

Im not sure of the exact color, but its black with a heavy flake. That's an awesome idea tho... I might just have to try that. I didn't think of putting a little bondo on and just using a paint pen, but.... hmmmmm If I do it ill put up a picture!

Long is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '89 Coupe deVille 4.5L V8, '10 CTS4 3.6L DI Performance/Luxury sedan

Quote Originally Posted by AJO713 View Post
    Im not sure of the exact color, but its black with a heavy flake. That's an awesome idea tho... I might just have to try that. I didn't think of putting a little bondo on and just using a paint pen, but.... hmmmmm If I do it ill put up a picture!
    Sounds like black diamond tricoat.

Quote Originally Posted by romanster View Post
    AJO713 what color is your car? There are companies that sell color matched vinyl patches for covering nicks and dings instead of a full repair and respray. Might be worth a try as a temporary thing in case you don't like the debadged look.

wcthunder, did you post a picture or link to the emblem you have? Is it a LED back-lit emblem? You can wire your emblem +ive wire to one of the Low Beam fuses or relays in the engine fusebox.
    no, I forgot ...look again....

Ha.

That's gonna take some dremeling to fit flush against the mesh grill, cut a rectangle out and attach it.
    I don't know how it's going to hold up to weather, definitely wouldn't trust that wire grommet to be waterproof as is, so seal it up before hand and don't use any silicone that releases acetic acid.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in