Hazard lights randomly come on and won't turn off unless car is shut off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Hazard lights randomly come on and won't turn off unless car is shut off in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, Strange issue started happening with my 05 CTS-V today. While I was driving the hazard lights randomly came ...
    schmiot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Grey CTS-V

Hazard lights randomly come on and won't turn off unless car is shut off

Hey guys,

Strange issue started happening with my 05 CTS-V today. While I was driving the hazard lights randomly came on and I couldn't turn them off with the button. If I restarted the car they would be off but after a couple minutes of driving they turned back on.

I know my SWPC needs to be replaced but I can't see how this would cause the issue.

I also thought about replacing the signal/hazard relay but haven't tried that yet. The signal lights work fine until the hazards come on and then don't work while the hazards are flashing obviously.

I also read that the hazards will automatically turn on if you've been in an accident and the airbags have deployed but I have had no accidents or anything.

I will pull the vent piece with the button in it tonite and see if it's maybe come loose though it does work fine and turns on the hazards when I'm not having the issue. I may also try a new flasher relay.

Any other ideas of things to look at?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Hazard lights randomly come on and won't turn off unless car is shut off

See attached.

What is a SWPC?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
    SWPS? Steering wheel position sensor?

schmiot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Grey CTS-V

Thanks Darkman, I'll check it out. Guess I'll pick up a scan tool as well.

SWPC, my mistake, MoistCabbage is right, should be SWPS = Steering Wheel Position Sensor. I have one already, just haven't replaced it.

Thanks again, will report my results.

Robin

jimbowilson1120 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So I have an 05 CTS V. Replaced the battery a month ago, no issues. Replaced the a/c belt and radiator fans yesterday, blowing cold. Today during church my horn, starts going off, wipers go off, four ways are flashing and lights are staying on...even when the key is out. Only earnings I've had are service airbag, and the theft warning came.on after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. Car starts and runs fine. Battery voltage is running at 13.5 volts on meter....any ideas???

jimbowilson1120 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    See attached.

What is a SWPC?
    Any ideas??

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Whenever I disconnect my battery for more than a few minutes I may get the theft warning and/or horns going off momentarily when the battery is reconnected. So far it has always cured itself. I assume it part of the theft system that causes it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in