Engine number ? on an EXT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, Engine number ? on an EXT in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Hello, Lucky, my beloved EXT, and I have retired to Jamaica. There is something called a "fitness" inspection here. You ...
    Lucky in Jamaica is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Engine number ? on an EXT

Hello,
    Lucky, my beloved EXT, and I have retired to Jamaica. There is something called a "fitness" inspection here. You go to the tax office, pay a fee, take the paid fee to a government inspector and present vehicle. The inspector will not sign off on fitness because he cannot find the "engine number." I have called Claude Nolan shop in Jacksonville, where I bought the good boy and they think I'm crazy. They say that there might be a part number on the engine. That same number would be on all 2004 EXT's and even their shop manager doesn't know where it would be.
    I keep insisting that the VIN, the number on the Florida title should be the number he is looking for.
    Does anyone know if there is such a thing as engine number on other exports?
    Even the Jamaican shipping company that shipped him says inspector is just being difficult.
    I am trying everything.
    Thank you so much for the information, even if it is to say that inspector must be nuts. Any explaination will do, I want to driiiive.
    Irie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

Re: Engine number ? on an EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky in Jamaica View Post
    Hello,
    Lucky, my beloved EXT, and I have retired to Jamaica. There is something called a "fitness" inspection here. You go to the tax office, pay a fee, take the paid fee to a government inspector and present vehicle. The inspector will not sign off on fitness because he cannot find the "engine number." I have called Claude Nolan shop in Jacksonville, where I bought the good boy and they think I'm crazy. They say that there might be a part number on the engine. That same number would be on all 2004 EXT's and even their shop manager doesn't know where it would be.
    I keep insisting that the VIN, the number on the Florida title should be the number he is looking for.
    Does anyone know if there is such a thing as engine number on other exports?
    Even the Jamaican shipping company that shipped him says inspector is just being difficult.
    I am trying everything.
    Thank you so much for the information, even if it is to say that inspector must be nuts. Any explaination will do, I want to driiiive.
    Irie

there is a casting number which will be the same for all models with that same engine

there will be a small ground flat spot with your VIN stamped on it

and there maybe a serial number on it if it was specially built for export

copeysnack2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac EXT

Rest assured there is a number stamped on your engine block somewhere and it is visible. If you REALLY want to drive, then I would start looking and don't stop until you find it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Guyz1996deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

You should have a CCID it is called Crank Case Identification number somewhere. Good luck

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.