looking for some technical help....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, looking for some technical help.... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello, Hope some one can help me. I have a friend with a 2002 EXT 6.0L engine, since we have ...
    BIG SPENDER is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looking for some technical help....

Hello, Hope some one can help me. I have a friend with a 2002 EXT 6.0L engine, since we have no luck or help from the dealership, maybe some one here could please tell us what size are the stock injectors on this 6.0L motor? If any one knows this information, your help would be greatly apriciated.

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: looking for some technical help....

Contact Lingefelter, they should know, they are a supporter of this site.

I would expect around 27-30 lbs/hr. more like 27-28 tops.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to know? Unless you are signifantly (turbo, supercharger, N20) stock can handle nearly anything. Fatter injectors will likely slow it down unless you can use the fuel somehow. It tosses off the BLM values by a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SPENDER
    Hello, Hope some one can help me. I have a friend with a 2002 EXT 6.0L engine, since we have no luck or help from the dealership, maybe some one here could please tell us what size are the stock injectors on this 6.0L motor? If any one knows this information, your help would be greatly apriciated.

thanks.

According to the 2005 GM Performance Parts catalog, all LQ8's use 25 lb injectors. Most, if not all LS1's (5.7L) and LS2's (6.0L) also use 25 lb injectors too. Info is still scarce on LS7's. But they are likely around 28 to 30, with 30 being the high end.

big3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    According to the 2005 GM Performance Parts catalog, all LQ8's use 25 lb injectors. Most, if not all LS1's (5.7L) and LS2's (6.0L) also use 25 lb injectors too. Info is still scarce on LS7's. But they are likely around 28 to 30, with 30 being the high end.
    Should be 24lbs/hr

-Anthony
    Big 3 Performance
    http://www.big3performance.com/home.asp?id=1

Strange, I posted 24 lbs, and it changed it to 25 lbs..... Weird.... Admins keep setting up strange text changers on this site....

I know, I have the 01 stock LS6 injectors in my LT1, stock settings apply.... No mods needed to the tune...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.