Low oil pressure in a 2005 6.0
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, Low oil pressure in a 2005 6.0 in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello everyone I have a 2005 esv platinum with the 6.0 vortex , recently I put an aftermarket rad in ...
    canadianfoker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Low oil pressure in a 2005 6.0

Hello everyone I have a 2005 esv platinum with the 6.0 vortex , recently I put an aftermarket rad in and after I did that I had low oil pressure so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the sensor And said try that out .that didn't fix it any ideas

----------

I also had the pickup in the pan replaced and then the oil pump also , still very low and the chime is going off showing low oil pressure . It's full of oil and even had the gauge cluster pulled and looked at , I'm lost as to what's wrong with this thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DTSGUY00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade, 00 DTS, 95 DeVille
    What weight oil r u using

I'm running high mileage 5w30

6lbsofSound is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: Low oil pressure in a 2005 6.0

Might be the gauge itself failing as the stepper motors tend to read incorrectly or are erratic. If the motor sounds healthy and is not acting funny then all signs would point to the cluster itself

I had the cluster pulled and three gauges repaired so thought that might of been it but guess not. Got a line on a motor but don't know if I like the price $3500 dollars installed with 70,000 Kms on it.

01ssreda4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 STS VIN 9

Is the motor making any unusual noises?

D'Elegance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 D'Elegance 4.1L 1993 Eldo 4.9L 1993 STS 4.6L N* Z rated

The engines had premature cam bearring failure.

----------

I've seen multiple people throw oil pumps and sensors at the 6.0 all day long but it makes no difference.

BMWUTAH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    There is a screen approx 1/4" below the oil pressure switch in the fluid port. It is not in any tech manual, I found it by using a mech gauge at the port as well as on the side of the block. Pressure was good at block where all bearing oil passes, way below at switch which is next stop for oil. This is probably the culprit. Use a pick tool to remove and then reinstall pressure switch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.