Esclade 2002 Change engine oil message after 600 Mile !!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, Esclade 2002 Change engine oil message after 600 Mile !!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have changed the oil and filter before 3 weeks ago ! Is it normal?...
    mgelchamiescalder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Esclade 2002 Change engine oil message after 600 Mile !!!

I have changed the oil and filter before 3 weeks ago ! Is it normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Esclade 2002 Change engine oil message after 600 Mile !!!

You must manually reset the OLM to 100% at each oil/filter change.

If your DIC controls have an INFO RESET button, call up the engine OLM message and hold the RESET button for 5 - 7 seconds.

If your dash controls are different - read your owner's manual. The procedure is in there. (OR, if you have done this, a severely overheated engine will also cause the Change oil message to appear.)

For info on how/why the OLM works, read the article in the Cadillac Technical Archive up ^^^ in the top black bar. (Read the whole archive)

Thanks for the info its all about reset i did it

But i have one kind question , which is the recommended oil to use visco or castrol 20/50ww
    I used castrol what is the approved oil

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Mgelchamiescalder, I just checked your owners manual and found some helpful oil information for you! Page 6-14 states the following details regarding the recommended engine oil for your model year.

"Oils recommended for your vehicle can be identified by looking for the starburst symbol. This symbol indicates that the oil has been certified by
    the American Petroleum Institute (API). Do not use any oil which does not carry this starburst symbol. If you change your own oil, be sure you use oil that has the starburst symbol on the front of the oil container. If you have your oil changed for you, be sure the oil put into your engine is American Petroleum Institute certified for
    gasoline engines.

You should also use the proper viscosity oil for your vehicle, as shown in the chart [on page 6-14 of your owners manual].

As in the chart shown previously, SAE 5W-30 is best for your vehicle. However, you can use SAE 10W-30 if it’s going to be 0F (-18C) or above. These numbers on an
    oil container show its viscosity, or thickness. Do not use other viscosity oils, such as SAE 20W-50."

Hope this helps!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thankx katie for the kind info just want to mentio that i am in GCC (kuwait) its almost 55C
    Very very hot weather in summer now we are in winter here 9 to 26C of temperature

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Glad to be of assistance, mgelchamiescalder! And thanks for letting me know your whereabouts! If you have any lingering questions, then I do recommend discussing it with the Customer Assistance team in your area. I found the following site may be helpful in getting further assistance: http://ae-en.cadillacarabia.com/help.../overview.html. Also, the Middle East Operations team is available via phone at 011-971-4-314-3363, Saturday-1:00 a.m.-5:00 a.m. Sunday-Thursday 12:30 a.m.EST-10:30 a.m.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.