Supercharger????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, Supercharger???? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; hello i have a 2004 EXT.i want to get a supercharger but i have no idea on wich one to ...
    onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Talking Supercharger????

hello i have a 2004 EXT.i want to get a supercharger but i have no idea on wich one to get. someone please help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fastescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Supercharger????

I have a 2002 escalade with a ATI procharger kit. I run 8lb's of boost and I run the quarter mile in 14.16. I would recommend using this charger over any other. I have seen 6 litre trucks with every available charger (whipple, Magna , Vortec). None even come within a second of the ATI procharger. If you have any questions at all please feel free to call me. (Phone number deleted and noted - not a supporting vendor)
    My name is John. We install many of the chargers on h2's and other 6 litre or 5.3 litre trucks

lev44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 6.0L problems!! help please

Quote Originally Posted by g2blkemike
    Please help,

I have a 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT, AWD, 6.0L, 30k, on mornings and on cold starts, the engine will rump and and down in a pulsing mannor for a about 5-10 seconds, if the truck is in gear, it lunges up and down like it is stalling for gas, or similar to stalling a manual car. It has also happened at stop lights on occasions and it really makes the truck sound sick. I've taken it to the dealer twice now for the same reason, they report they have not experienced it, the truck is at the dealer currently, and i've asked them to keep it overnight and try starting it in the morning and putting it in gear, and see what it does, it does it EVERY morning, it stays in the garage, 75-80 Degree temperature.
    Has anyone experienced this? and if so what can be the cause so that i may notify the dealer.

My email is G2blkemike@comcast.net
    I have a 2002 escalade with a ATI procharger kit its a D-1SC with 10psi
    I have PCM (car computer) program by PCMForless.com.
    you can call 610-685-8871.

No problems, with my ext. 529.99 hp. Awd. 26K 6.0 .
    any questions call me AT 412-371-6867 L.V.

2 loud is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): escalade esv 2003 w whippleblower

EXT_Vegas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sounds like your "PCM for less" is where you should start. Right off the bat that doesn't sound good. The computer isn't communication correctly with one of the many cold start components, Once the engine get's up to temp they all mesh. Without plugging in and running a diag, who knows, it could be a number of things, strating at the MAF and going all the way to the PCM itself. I don't know if the diagnostic machine would read a trouble code correctly due to the mod of air intake (10 PSI as well as the modded PCM), incompatible software. Best of luck.

EXT_Vegas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Never mind, I read incorrectly...duh, ignore my last. I hate when I do that. It goes the same except for the mod statements. The diagnostic machine will read what is wrong.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.