03 EXT batttery problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Vortec 6.0 / 6.2 Liter Discussion, 03 EXT batttery problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok guys, I woke up one morning to warm up the truck. Dead silence, completely dead battery. My wife assumed ...
    KamronZX6R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Cadillac Escalade EXT

03 EXT batttery problem

Ok guys, I woke up one morning to warm up the truck. Dead silence, completely dead battery. My wife assumed my daughter left the dome light on so I jump start the truck. Finally the truck is up and running but when i go to drive it, it dies again. Crank it back up and it starts right up. Try to put it in drive, moves a few feet then dies again. Can some one explain to me what is happening here please. It cranks up but it just won't drive. Alternator maybe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sahtt57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 03 EXT batttery problem

Are you on your original battery? If so, it's definitely time to change it. Typically lower quality batteries [try Honda Civic] last 3-4 years and better batteries last about 4-5 years, either way you are at the end of the life span. Colder weather takes more draw and will make electrical issues appear more obvious than in the summer time. I'd avoid continuing to jump start your truck and driving it putting additional stress on the alternator and charging system. You can test the battery for free at autozone but I'd just replace it at this point. 99% of diagnosis are going to do so as soon as you say it's your original 5 year old battery and there are no other associated issues. Alternator issues typically occur while driving as your head lights will dim etc. You can check here for more information on battery issues with ext's escalade battery issue since not all of them are that simple although most all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.