04 CTS 3.6 Oil Filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, 04 CTS 3.6 Oil Filter in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Dumb question! Is it right next to the dipstick on top? I purchased one and see that its a cartridge ...
    Rich24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

04 CTS 3.6 Oil Filter

Dumb question! Is it right next to the dipstick on top? I purchased one and see that its a cartridge type filter. I don't remember seeing anything in the owners manual.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 04 CTS 3.6 Oil Filter

You got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich24
    Dumb question! Is it right next to the dipstick on top? I purchased one and see that its a cartridge type filter. I don't remember seeing anything in the owners manual.

442 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS Sport

I bought a new '06 CTS with the 3.6 engine back in May. I had the dealer do the first free oil change but plan to do them myself now. My question is that with the oil filter canister on top the engine and turned upside down is there any way to drain the filter first so you don't have a mess everywhere?

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

If it's a cartridge, open the top, slowly lift out the filter while letting it drain well. Once it's drained (you can hold it over the canister to drain), just stick a pan or a coffee can lid or something under it.

BMW has used that forever, I've never seen one with a spin on oil filter. Never made a mess either. With BMW, you drop the filter into the canister and install the lid (thread it on). When you remove it, the filter stays clipped to the and you can just let it drain and then quickly flip it over, turning the lid into a drip catcher to catch what doesn't drain, then just knock the filter off into the garbage.

jorozco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Greetings.....

I have a 06 SRX with a V-6 3.6L Engine. My questions is , is the oil pan drain plug located on the bottom drivers side? I noticed a slight bubble shaped area where the assumed drain plug is located.

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.