3.6 Running Rough
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, 3.6 Running Rough in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Need your guys help. I'll give you a background so that you guys have the whole picture. About 6 months ...
    juanssilva is offline Cadillac Owners Member

3.6 Running Rough

Need your guys help. I'll give you a background so that you guys have the whole picture. About 6 months ago my 2007 Cadi CTS flagged a P0017 - Crank/Cam correlation code. No driveability issues just a solid light. I swapped crank sensors but didnt fix the light. Code still present. 3 weeks ago the car started making a loud tap/knock at bank 1 and then the following codes popped up. P300 - Random mis, P301 - Cyl 1, P303 - Cyl 3, P305 - Cyl 5 and then these two code P0016 - Crank/Cam correlation Bank 1 Sensor A & P0018 - Crank/Cam correlation Bank 1 Sensor B. Since the car had a loud knock I knew the issue was mechanical. I tore down the front cover and found secondary chain tensioner on bank 1 took a shit. I replaced all tensioners, guides and chains. With the help of AllData I was very careful I followed the steps and put it all in timing. Put the car all back together and fired it up. At first it had a no/hard start but eventually fired up. However it idles very rough and now I have the following codes. P300 - Random mis, P301 - Cyl 1, P303 - Cyl 3 and P101 - MAF. I swapped coils around hoping the mis would jump so that I can identify the bad coils but no luck. Same two cylinders are misfiring. I also wanted to see if the car would bog down if I through into drive. I lowered the car back onto the floor and took it for a spin around the block misfire and all. Got back home and now I have the following codes. P700 - Trans Control Module, P300 - Random mis, P301 - Cyl 1, P303 - Cyl 3, P302 - Cyl 2, P304 - Cyl 4 and now P0073 - Ambient air temp. However there aren't any crank/cam correlation codes and the MAF code is also gone. Due to no correlation codes I dont think my timing is off but I could be wrong. The trans code is strange but I didnt experience any shifting problems on my road test. As for the misfires why are only the 4 front cylinders affected and not the rear 2. I really need your guys help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaddysCaddy13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

Re: 3.6 Running Rough

I'm having a similar problem only I changed my plugs and two weeks later my check engine light comes on?? scanned it put no codes are coming up and it shakes (engine) to boot, so I'm going nuts trying to figure out what's going on with this car??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

EBSuspension is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddysCaddy13
    I'm having a similar problem only I changed my plugs and two weeks later my check engine light comes on?? scanned it put no codes are coming up and it shakes (engine) to boot, so I'm going nuts trying to figure out what's going on with this car?? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    The cure for mine was new timing chains and tensioners. The tensioners get carboned up and weak and the the lower chain gets stretched throwing it out of time.

Theduck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts

Re: 3.6 Running Rough

Check compression on cylinders.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.