I test drove a used sts and cts yesterday and was quite pleased with how they held the rode and felt to drive. However when I got home I was quite crushed to find there to be a huge problem with stretching the timing chains. So my question is this; Is taking it in and getting it repaired a true fix? Or is it replacing with the same failing parts? If it is the same parts is there an aftermarket company making chains that will outlast the engine? I love the cars but i am a firm believer that if you buy a vehicle and stick to the scheduled maintenance it should absolutely go 150-200k without any major issues. I'm willing to change a chain once, but not have it as ever looming problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated
__________________________________________________ _____________

Good morning, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect correct birthdate, location, car driven, and time zone (Do you really live in London ?). Welcome Aboard !!! CF Staff

Your duplicate post has been deleted. Your confirmation may have been stalled by the return e-mail going to your spam box - please check there.