Car won't start help!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, Car won't start help!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hi everyone I have a major problem with my 04 cts it has 97xxx miles. So pretty much I bought ...
    RJCCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Car won't start help!!!!

Hi everyone I have a major problem with my 04 cts it has 97xxx miles. So pretty much I bought a TCM and I have to have it programmed and a mechanic told me that the TCM is not what I need to make the car start that it's not the problem so I have no idea whats wrong. I know it's not the battery the starter or alternator and I even changed the starter relay so I have no clue and I can not afford to keep spending money was thinking of selling it at this point it's becoming stressfully any help would be great thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

calif phil is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Need more info. Does it crank over but not start or does it do nothing when you turn the key.

Could be a number of things and you are probably better off having a mechanic look at it instead of guessing.

I turn the key all the way and nothing if I hold I in the crank position al the lights go off and the

----------

And the check engine light is the only light on and I took it to a few mechanics and they could not figure it out

calif phil is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Sounds like a bad starter to me.

So an update car is misfiring now and I think I found out the problem so for future reference for people with my problem I think it is the ECM I got check engine codes telling me it's cylinder 1 and random cylinders and I did no change any spark plugs or coils not even fuel injector I did even research that I think it's the ECM I order it and going to install it and see if it goes back to normal will update again

Anthony582 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts
    Is your key stuck in the ignition?

crlong111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6
    My 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6 will not start. I took it to autozone and they said I needed to replace the ECM. I purchased an ECM and had GM put it in and also reprogram. After the reprogrammed they tell me that the vehicle still will not start.... Any Help????

Was there any follow up on this? Mine doing the same thing and yes the key was stuck in the ignition. I replaced the ECM and was reprogrammed and still would not start....

Please do not multiple post threads on the same subject in different forums. Post from Electrical moved to CTS and merged.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.