Can't figure out misfire
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, Can't figure out misfire in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 06 cts 3.6l. Help! Was missing on cyl 2 so changed spark plugs, was oil in tubes ...
    R6davis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can't figure out misfire

I have a 06 cts 3.6l. Help! Was missing on cyl 2 so changed spark plugs, was oil in tubes so replaced gaskets that were leaking, still had a misfire, changed coil, took out injectors to have them tested and cleaned. Still misfire! Is there any other reasons for such a big misfire, like it's not even firing?? Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Can't figure out misfire

Quote Originally Posted by R6davis View Post
    I have a 06 cts 3.6l. Help! Was missing on cyl 2 so changed spark plugs, was oil in tubes so replaced gaskets that were leaking, still had a misfire, changed coil, took out injectors to have them tested and cleaned. Still misfire! Is there any other reasons for such a big misfire, like it's not even firing?? Thanks for any help!
    Hello R6davis,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your CTS’ engine. I see that you are reaching out to the community for any assistance in solving this problem. Please let me know if you are thinking about taking your vehicle into the dealership to address this concern. You can reach me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” if you would like to further discuss this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    ClassyLady likes this.

benzo59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Hello R6davis, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing a concern with your CTS’ engine. I see that you are reaching out to the community for any assistance in solving this problem. Please let me know if you are thinking about taking your vehicle into the dealership to address this concern. You can reach me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with the subject line as “ATTN GREG” if you would like to further discuss this concern. Gregory W. Cadillac Customer Care
    i

hi im benny i have a 2003 cts 246 r not firing when is iin normal idle but when igas it up to 3000 rpm everything is firing normal they work on the scanner i change the coil n dont know what elae can it b

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by benzo59 View Post
    i

hi im benny i have a 2003 cts 246 r not firing when is iin normal idle but when igas it up to 3000 rpm everything is firing normal they work on the scanner i change the coil n dont know what elae can it b
    Hello benzo59,

Unfortunately, I am not an engineer or a technician so I would not be able to diagnose or provide you with any technical advice regarding this concern. I would be more than happy to assist you in working with a dealership if you would like to work with a service department to diagnose your concern. Please feel free to send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Sounds like timing chain issue.....dealer can diagnose it for you to be sure. When a catalytic converter fails the misfires are worse as RPM's increase, so the way you describe it is worse at idle, that is what I suspect.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.