oil leak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, oil leak in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 2003 3.2 that has developed a very slight oil leak on the driver side of the engine. ...
    malibured is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

oil leak

I have a 2003 3.2 that has developed a very slight oil leak on the driver side of the engine. Just looking for any info on this before I tear into it. Has anyone had this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Probably leaking from camshaft covers. I would recommend replacing with new cover and gasket. Usually the old ones warp and will still develop leak if you only change gasket.

713CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts
    I had an oil leak that was a 7 dollar fix. It was the oil sensor switch which is in the lower front of the engine. It made a mess everywhere so it took me a little while to find, but worth checking! I have the same car

69 Camaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 SRX 3.6 AWD, 69 Camaro

Re: oil leak

I have a leak but it looks to be coming from below the oil filter canister. It would be nice to find because I am going through a qt o f oil every 800 miles and it leaves drips were ever I park it.; It's in the garage now sitting over a piece of cardboardl. You're not talking about the oil pressure sending unit under the filter are you? That's not where mine is leaking. Cant see anything from under the hood. but plenty of oil dripping off the drivers side of the oil pan. It's the 3.6 in an 06 SRX.
    w

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Re: oil leak

CTS 3.2
    front bottom part of the engine is covered in oil, all over the oil pan and actual dripping oil from the top oil filter housing, not sure if it's all coming from the front or from the valve covers possible.
    I'll do the valve covers first and see where it takes me

CaddyObsessed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX
    I just fixed an oil leak on my 2005 SRX with the 3.6 V6. Under the car I unbolted and moved the AC compressor out of the way. The base of the oil filter adaptor has 4 bolts and it also has one bolt accessible from the top of the engine. All 4 lower bolts were loose. Like finger tight only/ barely. Torqued them all properly and leak is fixed. Reinstall compressor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.