Anyone running Bosch EV14 injectors in their 03-07 LY7?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, Anyone running Bosch EV14 injectors in their 03-07 LY7? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I saw some flow matched 52# EV14's on the hfv6 forums that operate at 3bar rail pressure and have six ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Anyone running Bosch EV14 injectors in their 03-07 LY7?

I saw some flow matched 52# EV14's on the hfv6 forums that operate at 3bar rail pressure and have six ports that are being promoted for the LY7. I figure I have 100k miles on my engine, and might as well upgrade my injectors when I replace my spark plugs and install the Volant and Ice-lator and RX catch can. I think these upgrades with a good upper engine cleaning will really give my CTS a new lease on life. Anyone else replace their injectors with anything other than OEM? I havent gotten any answers on my other topic about this, so I will ask again here, has anyone ported/polished their gen1 LY7 heads? But yeah, the injectors are the main focus of this thread. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Anyone running Bosch EV14 injectors in their 03-07 LY7?

On Bosch Motorsports' website, they list a 237 g/min (350cc or 35#) dual spray injector, which is a little closer to the stockers (not double like the ones I stated earlier). The stock injectors are a pathetic 236cc, and are not even rated to the listed 250hp of the LY7 they are installed in. What have people been replacing their injectors with? Am I totally off track on what I am looking at? Any help would be useful, as I am planning on replacing my injectors when I replace my plugs (next month).

Re: Anyone running Bosch EV14 injectors in their 03-07 LY7?

Well, I emailed fiveomotorsport about the use of the 35#/350cc EV14's in my LY7. Here is my email to them, and their reply:

ME: I am wanting to know how much a set of six flow-matched injectors for my car ('05 CTS 3.6L) will run me. From everything I have found, the stock injectors are pathetic, something like 236cc. I am not looking for anything extreme, as I am not doing any sort of forced induction. I have found some EV14's on Bosch Motorsports' website listed at 237 g/min, which (by my calculations), should be around 350cc, a reasonable step up from stock. They offer them with the 20* dual spray pattern, which should work great in my car (as it uses a dual spray injector). I believe their part number for it is: 0 280 158 116*, and I was wondering if this is a good injector for my car, and how much they would cost to get a flow-matched set (of six). You guys know a lot more about this than I do, and I cannot get any answers from the Cadillac fourm I am part of. Thank you for your time.

THEM: We do a lot of injector upgrades but for your stock CTS 3.6L I donít recommend changing fuel injectors unless you are doing a forced-air upgrade as well as an ECU remap. If you install the 350cc injectors you and your Caddy are in for a misadventure both of you donít want. Itís tempting. Donít do it.

So, it looks like I am sticking with stock injectors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.