Could Sensors Be The Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, Could Sensors Be The Problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Is It Possible For Sensors Tho Make My 2003 Cts Stall......is This Possible, I Stall And In 10 In I ...
    italiantnt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Could Sensors Be The Problem

Is It Possible For Sensors Tho Make My 2003 Cts Stall......is This Possible, I Stall And In 10 In I Start Right Up..i Dont Get It

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Re: Could Sensors Be The Problem

I would check for any corroded wiring. If wires are shorting or disconnecting that have to do with the ECM keeping the engine running, stalling would indefinately occur. The point of corrosion will be hard to pinpoint though.

I remember a while back that a car (can't remember which model) had wiring that rubbed against the door hinge everytime it was opened and shut. Eventually the insulation wore off and began to short on the frame of the car which caused it to stall.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have a weird issue on my V that happens sometimes. When I start it I run the key through the first two steps (acc, run) and right into the start and let go. It has happened about 3 times since I have owned it (first time freaked me out) where the key "jumped" back beyond the "run" position. This told the car to turn off and it sounded like it may have stalled. I realized this when I turned the key forward, it clicked into the correct position. Maybe you did what I did and hte key was not all the way in the "run" position..

Let us know.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

italiantnt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The Dealership Just Called Me And Told Me My Crank Shaft Position Sensor Was Bad....ha Ha Ha./...what In Gods Name Is That!..well Anyway My Babys Back In My Driveway.

10secvette is offline Banned

could be

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.