3.6L Longevity
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, 3.6L Longevity in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Merry Christmas to all: I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS with a 3.6L V6 engine. With the proper service and ...
    olecarman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Smile 3.6L Longevity

Merry Christmas to all:

I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS with a 3.6L V6 engine. With the proper service and oil changes, can anyone give me their best quess at the longevity of one of these motors ?? I still owe 4 years on the one I have and am just trying to determine based on the miles I drive per year if I should keep it or trade it in !! I know it is just a best educated guess that someone could give, but your response would be appreciated. Are we looking at 100,000 miles, 150,000 miles, or even 200,000 miles before I start having some major problems with this engine ??
    Thanks in advance for your response.
    K.L. Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyke is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT

Re: 3.6L Longevity

I own a 3.6l 2005 cts and I'm almost at 100k miles (98k miles to be exact) and its problem free for the moment. I do my oil change when the DIC tells me to and the car still running extra fine!

Do what the owners manual tells you to do and you'll be fine! Yes, there is exceptions but right now, mine is fine. You should check your oil level every 2 tank of gas just to make sure everything is fine and add when needed. The cts is a very reliable car.

redrig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 3.6L Longevity

I have an 04 CTS and it has 143k on it. Other than o2 sensors it's been fine, current average mpg is 27.6 (lots of highway). I put super unleaded (91) in it.

Having said that, it's going to the mechanic tomorrow for a check engine light...probably another o2 sensor

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.