2004 CTS 3.6L rough idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, 2004 CTS 3.6L rough idle in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My 2004 3.6L (1SC) has random vibration (lumps) during idle, worse during cold start. VIN# ... 40112860. Dealer CND my ...
    times1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS Lux Sport

2004 CTS 3.6L rough idle

My 2004 3.6L (1SC) has random vibration (lumps) during idle, worse during cold start. VIN# ... 40112860. Dealer CND my first complaint at 3K miles. I test drove a new 3.6L 1SC CTS at another dealer, no lumps, no vibration at idle. Took it back in at 7K miles with same complaint. Tech acknowledged the problem and supposedly "reprogrammed PCM". Car still idles rough, randomly vibrates noticeably. What do you suggest as a next step?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Speedingpenguin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2004 CTS 3.6L rough idle

Perhapps its the IAC valve?

JoeCaddy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The 3.6L does not have an IAC valve. It controls air via the electronic throttle. There should be a service bulletin on rough idle. There was a calibration change after start of production to address this issue.

times1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS Lux Sport

Dealer perfomred the calibration change (ECM update). Rough idle continues, cold or hot, doesn't matter. Already contacted Cadillac Customer Service. Any other suggestions?

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i can feel the lump once in a while but not that severe enough for me to take the car back.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Im speculating that if its a lump, maybe one of the cam shaft lobes have been flattened a lil bit.

VVT Could be the culprit too.. there are many things involved with that system.

What oil do you use? It only happens during idle and not when your driving? What about at a stop light... Does it go away when you "throttle" the engine to drive?

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    Im speculating that if its a lump, maybe one of the cam shaft lobes have been flattened a lil bit.

VVT Could be the culprit too.. there are many things involved with that system.

What oil do you use? It only happens during idle and not when your driving? What about at a stop light... Does it go away when you "throttle" the engine to drive?
    i notice it once in a while on stop light as well. Also it's more noticeable when you first start(more vibration). I'm making a list of all the things that are wrong with the car and taking it back.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=13562

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.