Major 2003 CTS Engine Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
V6: 3.0, 3.2 LA3, 3.6 LY7, 3.6 DI LLT Discussion, Major 2003 CTS Engine Problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My car has been in the dealer for 10 business days with what they not think is a cracked crank ...
    Buz
    Buz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Major 2003 CTS Engine Problem

My car has been in the dealer for 10 business days with what they not think is a cracked crank shaft. HAs this been a systematic problem that is a result of a defect in design or just my luck?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Major 2003 CTS Engine Problem

Never heard of one and there is absolutely no service history of "cracked crank shafts"...or any sort of problems with the cranks that I can find out about. Not doubting that there is a problem with your engine but am suspicious of the diagnosis. What were the symptoms...???

Koz
    Koz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey just ot help you out. Keep very good track of all the problems with this new car. Every conversation you should keep notes and bring a witness with you . This might be the very first of many problems and this might qualify the car as a lemmon . I dont know what state you live in but if you have the slightest problems dealing with GM call the better business beaureau and the Attourney General's office of the state and the local Distrct Attourney's office for consumer affairs. Remeber the squeakiest wheel gets the grease. These offices might brush you off at first but you must be persistent call every day. You dont need a lawyer at first. Keep good records of everything , phone calls , conversations etc. DOnt let them drag their asses wIht this problem . I know people that had problems with GM and it is very hard to resovle.
    GOOD LUCK

pimscke91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Take it easy Koz do you even own a Cadillac or are you one of those camicazi bombers? That doesn't give a rats behind about investing in the US market? No need to go off and critise Gm on their service, last time i checked you still need to make appointments a decent three weeks in advance to get any maintance done on a lexus here in Northern Virginia and not for a regular maintance, no just a regular oil job for the love of god. If there is something wrong with the car, the garage will fix it, it might take a few days, because who knows maybe there is something wrong with the engine of the customer! But i mean come on, to go off and tell the guy to take notes and call "the better business beaureau and the Attourney General's office" is just the obvious lack lust that you show towards the american economy. It's fine an all because you have freedom of speech, but i rather have my car in the shop a few days longer, then standing outside in the rain in the middle of nowhere ville, USA. Maybe you enjoy diong this, because you simply believe that japaneese engines are better. Well as far as i go i own a Catera with a french designed engine, HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM YET! (if you drive a nissan, we have the same engines, because nissans now a days are designed by Renault in France)

Ciao

I rather walk then invest in a Japaneese made car!

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by pimscke91
    Take it easy Koz do you even own a Cadillac or are you one of those camicazi bombers? That doesn't give a rats behind about investing in the US market? No need to go off and critise Gm on their service, last time i checked you still need to make appointments a decent three weeks in advance to get any maintance done on a lexus here in Northern Virginia and not for a regular maintance, no just a regular oil job for the love of god. If there is something wrong with the car, the garage will fix it, it might take a few days, because who knows maybe there is something wrong with the engine of the customer! But i mean come on, to go off and tell the guy to take notes and call "the better business beaureau and the Attourney General's office" is just the obvious lack lust that you show towards the american economy. It's fine an all because you have freedom of speech, but i rather have my car in the shop a few days longer, then standing outside in the rain in the middle of nowhere ville, USA. Maybe you enjoy diong this, because you simply believe that japaneese engines are better. Well as far as i go i own a Catera with a french designed engine, HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM YET! (if you drive a nissan, we have the same engines, because nissans now a days are designed by Renault in France)

Ciao

I rather walk then invest in a Japaneese made car!

Bro, what the h#ll inspired that little tirade? He just offered some good advice for another fellow member with a problem. Get a life!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

I dont even think he took the chance to look at what it said Koz drives...
    and the Cateras engine is not French ... its made by Opel in Germany .

Anyways, not sure what that was all about... :disappoin

ubmeibeu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I own a 2003 Cts , i went out one day to start my engine and got a disturbing sound from the motor .
    My mechanic says its the lifters have gone bad . The car only has 140,000 km on the motor . Anyone else experience this problem ? Is it a fluke ? I am going to pull the motor and replace it , with one that has less km on it as i am unsure as to why the lifters would have gone bad .
    Just so everyone understands this car gets regular maintenance so it is not neglected . This is not the only problem i have had with this motor two years ago i had to replace to a coil , and the car only had 110,000 on the car .
    Not a very good track record so far .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.