Need New Tires, What Brand??? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Need New Tires, What Brand??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Ralph Thanks guys. I take it those Hydroedge aren't all seasons? Goodyear used to make something called ...
    Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Arrow Re: Need New Tires, What Brand???

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Thanks guys. I take it those Hydroedge aren't all seasons? Goodyear used to make something called "Aquatred" for rain or wet climates, and I read they weren't too good on snow. If I lived in Florida, they'd be great?
    The Aquatreads are very noisy, especially on regular dry roads. Goodyears are over-rated and dont last long, dry out and get damaged very quickly after that.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: Need New Tires, What Brand???

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Personally, I don't care if I get whitewalls again. I think they look good on a white car. I see some cars that have whitewalls installed backwards to show the blackwall.

I really am amazed at the wear on the Michelins! I don't even have to rotate them yet!

I think they replaced the Reagatta with the Allegra or something. Something I noticed about Goodyear is that every couple of years they come up with a new model tire, and if you need a replacement or get a defect, you have to mismatch.
    On the Fleetwoods I think something looks missing when they don't have whitewalls. But I guess it can go either way. Usually cars that have the whitewalls on the inside of the tires are ones that don't look good with them.

They still have Regatta IIs on their website. I don't know what the difference is between the normal ones and II or which ones I even have. They have a thick band of ribs around the side of them which is kind of neat.

When I was trying to picture your car without whitewalls I started wondering howcome some of your emblems are gold and some are silver?

SuperSport is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Personally I've always been partial to Michelins. The treadwear and ride quality are fantastic. I've got them on two out of the three vehicles we have and will most likely replace the lousy factory equipped Firestones on Wifeys Z71 with Michelins when the time comes for replacement.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    On the Fleetwoods I think something looks missing when they don't have whitewalls. But I guess it can go either way. Usually cars that have the whitewalls on the inside of the tires are ones that don't look good with them.

They still have Regatta IIs on their website. I don't know what the difference is between the normal ones and II or which ones I even have. They have a thick band of ribs around the side of them which is kind of neat.

When I was trying to picture your car without whitewalls I started wondering howcome some of your emblems are gold and some are silver?
    Maybe you are right, I don't know if it would look good with blackwalls. An Eldorado would look good with blackwalls perhaps?

So you noticed about the gold and silver emblems, LOL! Well, when my stepdad bought it new in 1991 (I was there for this purchase also) he inquired about the gold package, because he didn't order this Fleetwood, like he did his 2003 DTS. So the dealer "threw-in" the gold hood ornament, and the trunk-decklid "Cadillac" and "4.9 port fuel injection V8." He then put them on himself. I still have the silver emblems that were replaced. I wish we had more time that day when we picked up the car in 1991, because they offered to do the sail panals (C pillar) in gold, and the logo above the glovebox!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.