What's A Knuckle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, What's A Knuckle in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Simple question. I'm hearing talk of knuckles, front and rear. What is a knuckle?? K_C...
    krimson_cardnal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 96DeVille

Cool What's A Knuckle

Simple question. I'm hearing talk of knuckles, front and rear.

What is a knuckle?? K_C

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: What's A Knuckle

It's what the hub/bearings bolt onto, what the control arms bolt onto, and what the calipers bolt onto.... It's easier to show you with a pic.

Here:

The red part with the spindle through it is the knuckle.

Parts search on knuckle ? Gets me no where.... suspention or steering K_C

Quote Originally Posted by krimson_cardnal View Post
    .... suspention or steering K_C
    Both actually.... The outer tie rod ends bolt onto it also...

1badcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94' Seville STS

They are also an integral part of your hands that connect your fingers. Lol!

I have a pic of them in the post about brake upgrades. It is a pic of my complete brake upgrade for my 93' SHO.

stevebuick23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 STS, 2000 L67 Regal Beagle

I have one in my back seat right now. Waiting to be installed. If you have clunking in the rear end, majority rules that its bad bushings in the knuckle.

Thanks for the info. Vertical play in a jacked rear wheel is a knuckle or bearing or both are the same... K_C

It could possibly be the knuckle bushings, or it could be the bearing. You'd have to look at where the control arms bolt onto the knuckle while wiggling it to know if it's the bushings. Usually the bearings go before the bushings though.

Jakester55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by stevebuick23 View Post
    I have one in my back seat right now. Waiting to be installed. If you have clunking in the rear end, majority rules that its bad bushings in the knuckle.
    HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN GET THEM FOR YOUR CADILLAC

image006.jpgim14.jpg

MARCH MADNESS SALE
    GET THEM NOW FOR $199.00 & SHIPPING

BUY YOUR SET HERE

Last Shot Auto Parts, LLC We are the LEADER in REPLACEMENT Cadillac Rear Knuckle Bushings for your car !![/B] They fit All Models from 1993 to 1999, and Eldorado to 2002. The Suggested Retail Price for these Cadillac Suspension Bushings is $249.00 & Shipping,and provides both Cadillac UPPER Bushings and Cadillac Lower Bushings in the Set, requiring only 1 set per Vehicle. The Bushings will enhance the ride and control and will return the car back to the Quiet, and Smooth Original Ride.
    The Bushings carry a 1 Yr Limited Warranty and are Real Automotive Quality Products, Designed & Engineered Specifically to remove design failure and flaws inherent in the GM parts, and exceed the OE performance requirements for your Car !! We sell Worldwide, and provide Installation Support necessary for a Super easy Install with Instructions that are included.

You Won't Damage The Bushing Or spindle Installing these Cadillac Bushings! We Quality check the OD on our bushings and refinish the surface to closely held tolerances to insure ease of insertion, while providing a STRONG, reliable, and safe product!!
    (Also we can Part Number the Product as well, as we sell more than just this part and application !!! )

For the do it yourselfer or the pro with minimal tools. We have your bushings in stock !!

Beware of Molded Plastic (Polyurethane): It squeaks going down the road ! DON'T BE MISLED !! They OFFER installation on your knuckles because certified Mechanics WON'T install them ?!! And they GREASE them so they won't squeak AT FIRST for a short while!! When the lube is gone listen to the wonderful Squeaky Cadillac !!?!! And then you can end up with this issue:

"I have a 1997 deville d'elegance. I repaired the rear knuckles......................... and used POLYURETHANE performance
    bushings for the top. However after ~2500 miles, I am feeling "bumpsteer" from the rear, and I have suspect worn out upper bushings. Do you sell the uppers only as a set of 2? I would buy them from Ebay."
    Thanks in advance,
    John , VT

We set the standard AS the FIRST Cadillac Replacement Bushings on the market! We have PAT PENDING on our products for a reason!! All the rest are cheap imitations so why would you want to pay twice ??

Customer responses: see our "feedback" section from customers)

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have these bushings available. I had them installed and what a difference in the handling and ride on my Deville. Your excellent customer service, and going the extra mile is refreshing in todays business world.
    Thank you!"
    DAVE , Iowa

Hello, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to your company... as those lovely folks over at Caddie don't carry them as a replacement part…… Your help when I needed it via phone was immediate and accurate. You set the bar for outstanding customer service. These are tough times and most of us are tightening our spending…….I will recommend your product to any and all caddie owners with the same very common problem.
    Thanks again,
    Mike , IL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.