Something is seriously in my suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Something is seriously in my suspension in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Okay, Recently my 99 STS has started pulling to the right. Checked tire pressure and treadwear on each side and ...
    tman2093 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado

Something is seriously messed up in my suspension

Okay, Recently my 99 STS has started pulling to the right. Checked tire pressure and treadwear on each side and the pressures are even and the tread wear is off by 1/32(right side is less). It has progressively pulled harder to the right this past week. I'd say I have to hold the steering wheel at least 15degrees to the left of center to go straight.

Also, when cornering in a parking lot, or going over speed bumps, the suspension is squeaking alot. I read on a CTS thread about the sway bar bushings perhaps being unlubed, I have no way to check this until the weekend, but what else could i be looking at?

Edited for title content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Re: Something is seriously in my suspension

Sounds like you need an alignment. Have you had it checked?
    Don't waste time or you'll be buying a new tire!

For the squeeking, shoot the sway bar bushings with WD40 or something. If it goes away, consider replacing them. If not, shoot another joint and test drive. Repeat until you find the culprit.

Since a mod removed eff-ed from my title of the thread, could you replace it to messed up or something?

I havent had it looked at, no, im a college kid and I have little time and money to spend. I'll have to find some for the alignment.

For the alignment, will the shop know the figures or would I be best to come armed with my own alignment values? I know Hunter makes a road force tire balancer system, do they make an alignment one to, I believe ive heard of such a thing.

This past weekend i had a flat on the right side front, so i went to have it patched and we discovered that my right front wheel is corroded on the inside very very badly. Curiosity made me ask them do demount all the tires to inspect such corrosion. 2 wheels were heavily corroded on the inside, 2 were perfect. Left the car there and went to another town to buy 2 new wheels and i broke down and got 4 new michelins since i was needing tires anyway.

So now it drives straight, apparently my tire pressures got screwed up when i tested the car for pulling to the right, so thats fixed, i'll work on the squeak the next time i go home

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.