disable traction control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, disable traction control in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Is it possible to turn off the traction control? I think it is just the abs right? In my snow ...
    clublime is offline Cadillac Owners Member

disable traction control

Is it possible to turn off the traction control? I think it is just the abs right? In my snow covered drive the thing sounds like the abs is grinding away with barely any throttle. When I say grinding I don't mean a bad thing just the abs continued pulse of the breaks.

And I want to do big burn-outs hehe!!

If anyone knows how or were to find how to disable the traction that is info the owner should have at his command whether its a cadillac or a corvette. But the latter has buttons for this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FTSS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: disable traction control

Quote Originally Posted by clublime
    Is it possible to turn off the traction control?
    If anyone knows how or were to find how to disable the traction that is info the owner should have at his command whether its a cadillac or a corvette. But the latter has buttons for this.
    Fleetwoods have that button in the glove box if we want to spin our right-rear. You may want to think about a set of used Factory Service Manuals. Not sure what goes on in an ETC, but $50-$80 and you would learn bunches about your rig.

shawny is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have thought about doing the same thing. Im fairly certain yanking off the wheel speed sensor cable will do the trick. However I would like to know a better way of doing it.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My 93 Allante doesn't have a button to turn the traction control off. You have to go through the onboard diagnostics. It's better to do it that way instead of disconnecting this or pulling that out.
    It has the Northstar system, so it'll probably shut down the same way in other Northstars. You go into diagnostics and pull up PCM override. Go to PS24 which is Traction Control Disable. Hit the Warmer button to disable it and then exit Diagnostics. You're done. The system will automatically enable when you turn the engine on 12 times. That's the safe way do disable the traction control.

capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

what happened to my eldorado one night me and my friends were driving around and al of a sudden the ABS light came on and the dash said traction control disabled, i dont know what caused it but let me tell you an eldorado with a 4.6 can really burn em down

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.