Custom (Large) Wheels and Suspension Warrantees
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Custom (Large) Wheels and Suspension Warrantees in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What issues are there in regards to suspension warrantees and over-sized wheels? I read in the manual that anything over ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Custom (Large) Wheels and Suspension Warrantees

What issues are there in regards to suspension warrantees and over-sized wheels? I read in the manual that anything over 20 inch wheels is subject to voiding my suspension warrantee.. I purchased the vehicle used with 22s...

The stock warrantee is up shortly and I plan on extending it. Is the extended warrantee as strict? I do beleive the Escalade ESV has a complicated suspension so I don't want to see that warrantee voided...

Thanks in advance...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Custom (Large) Wheels and Suspension Warrantees

Bump since the suspension section is not very busy...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Manufacturers warranties are different than second party warranties. With a man warranty, they would have to prove that the larger wheels caused the warranty claim, in order to deny it. Example: you have 22's, and your fuel pump fails. They cannot deny the claim, as the wheels had nothing to do with the failure. But, if the brakes fail early, they have grounds to deny it. The best thing to do, is contact the warranty company, and ask specific questions. Also ask them to see a copy of the warranty, and see if what they tell you is in writing. A second party warranty is touchy, in that they can pretty much deny anything, unless it is in specifics on the warranty.

Don

Thank you. I'm trying to gather reasons to replace the custom wheels I have with stock ones as I'm not crazy about the harsh ride..

92EldoTC is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex:'92 ETC 4.9 Current:'91 Sedan Deville 4.9

yeah that ride sucks with bigger rims.
    they look good but can you really take a long trip on 20's or 22's without losing fuel economy or the better ride that the stock wheels provide.
    I like to drive my car long distances frequently and have questioned myself about replacing the stock wheels with a bigger rim.
    Its hard to give up the smooth ride and good fuel economy for rims whose only purpose is to impress the next person who sees my car.
    just my opinion.
    Dadillac is right.
    They bigger wheels do void the man warranty as they can say anything that goes wrong suspension or brake wise was caused by the bigger rims.
    Not sure about the second party warranty though.
    Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.