Attention: owners needing to replace electronic struts/air shocks
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Attention: owners needing to replace electronic struts/air shocks in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I need new struts and shocks for my 92 Eldorado so I went to Oreilly's and they sell electronic struts ...
    barth875oh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Attention: owners needing to replace electronic struts/air shocks

I need new struts and shocks for my 92 Eldorado so I went to Oreilly's and they sell electronic struts for $61 and the electronic air shocks for $88. These are Monroe brand and would be a better solution than installing passive ones. Just an FYI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DjPiZdEtZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Attention: owners needing to replace electronic struts/air shocks

I have a 93 eldorado and 1 of my front struts is shot. How would i get in touch with this oreillys and do these replacements work as well as the originals?

rayntx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by barth875oh
    I need new struts and shocks for my 92 Eldorado so I went to Oreilly's and they sell electronic struts for $61 and the electronic air shocks for $88. These are Monroe brand and would be a better solution than installing passive ones. Just an FYI.

hey thanks for the info, im in the process of changing my shocks on my 96 deville and went to the dealer and they said they would be over 1400 buck to get them, I need some help..............what is oreillys web address or email to see if he can help me out...............thanks.....rayntx

barth875oh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Their website is www.oreillyauto.com . It's pretty easy to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by barth875oh
    Their website is www.oreillyauto.com . It's pretty easy to navigate.

thanks for the address, I will check it this p.m and see if I can get the shocks cheaper than the dealer................................

Quote Originally Posted by rayntx
    thanks for the address, I will check it this p.m and see if I can get the shocks cheaper than the dealer................................

hey is there a tel. number that i can get, cause there are no o'reilly stores here in texas

Big Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When I looked at the web site, it looked like they had stores all over Texas. Just pick one and it will give you the address and phone number.

Bob Schlossmann is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did you ever get in touch with O'Reilly's auto parts regarding the replacement struts for your 93 Eldorado. I just tried there web site and no struts were shown. If you did get them would you please supply the part #'s
    I have seen other years (92 sevile) using ACDELCO part # 580-2 (pair) for $168.42 from rockauto.com & monroe part#71854 for 134.65 delivered. The post I stumbled across didn't indicate if the Monroe's were for the LH or RH side.
    Lastly Gabriel also make a set. I think part # G56717. Don't know if this works. These passive struts would also require the digi-key 12 ohm 50 watt power resistor to fool the confuser (i.e. computer)

growe3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS and 2004 DTS

I have already bought the Arnott system and am well satisfied with them. But, I'm willing to learn.

Please note my questions are in regards to the RSS and SSS controlled Seville STS models.

I looked for shocks and struts for mt 93' STS and still find that Monroe and Gabriel do not make them.

Monroe search for 93' Seville electrical controlled suspension
    http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup...R=1993&LST=477

Gabriel no listing either.

Are you really getting an electrically controlled shock or strut for under $850 (GM's price) each?

I don't think so. That is why after quite a bit of research I went with the Arnott replacements.

Are the replacement shocks noted just regular good shocks that bolt in?

How do they deal with the error code generating that will happen without some sort of method to fool the PCM?

-George

Budabear is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Oreilly's doesn't seem to sell online. You have to be near one of their stores. When you look up parts all it does it take you to a map.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.