Whats the deal with Goodyear?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Whats the deal with Goodyear? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm looking for 4 Assurance TripelTreds in 235/55/17. I've looked all over and they're on back order everywhere, so I ...
    codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Whats the deal with Goodyear?

I'm looking for 4 Assurance TripelTreds in 235/55/17.

I've looked all over and they're on back order everywhere, so I started calling around. Goodyear says they don't have a date when they going to start production to fill orders. How can that be? They sell a product that's out of stock everywhere and they don't have a production date?

I had a vendor get back to me to say that he checked directly 3 Goodyear warehouses and out of 2 dozen sizes of these tires they have only 4 in stock and no production date on the rest of them. What gives?

They recommended the Pirelli P Zero Nero as a replacement?

I'm just trying to understand the production problem

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Re: Whats the deal with Goodyear?

I got them on my car and I really like it despite the premium price, it helped me avoid six accidents in one day while ice rain poured down central Wisconsin last winter.

RedGalant2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): N/A

They are readily availible in a 225/55-17.

I've never seen them in a 235/55-17, and I sell tires.

You can go with the Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge in a 235/55-17.

You know that's funny because every store I called tells me they don't come in that size but yet Tire Rack lists them and Goodyear lists them and acknowledged that they make them. And other online tire places list them.

I did so much asking around about these tires and fell in love with them based on the feedback I hate to change now.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Codewize

If you aren't in desperate need of the tires right at this time, it would be beneficial to wait for the tires to be produced. One time I was on Good Years website. I contacted them through e-mail, asking them to produce the Assurance triple treads in 235/50/18 size. It took them three days, but they actually contacted me, to say there are no plans to make that size. Maybe contact them, and ask them if they can tell you when you can get the tires. It couldn't hurt to try.

Don

I did that. They said there is no date set for production.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    Codewize

If you aren't in desperate need of the tires right at this time, it would be beneficial to wait for the tires to be produced. One time I was on Good Years website. I contacted them through e-mail, asking them to produce the Assurance triple treads in 235/50/18 size. It took them three days, but they actually contacted me, to say there are no plans to make that size. Maybe contact them, and ask them if they can tell you when you can get the tires. It couldn't hurt to try.

Don

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

That is NOT the ideal tire for the STS. Look at a Continental ContiExtreme Contact. That Assurance thing has the driving characteristics of a moderate snow tire, especially during more "spirited" driving. Lateral traction is unremarkable, and they have a somewhat coarse breakaway. They are also noisy, squaking in tight curves. They LOOK like some kind of high performance tire, but are anything but. They do have good rain performance, no idea about ice, still would NOT buy again.

Really? Everyone else and ever review I've read says exactly the opposite. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about how quiet they are, how great they handle and they're going on a DTS not and STS. I'm considering the Pirelli P-Zero Nero.

The Continental ContiExtreme Contact is not available in my size. How about the Continental ContiPremierContact? Anyone know about those? How about the Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge?

Maybe I should tell you what I expect
    less than $140ea
    All season Touring
    Must be quiet
    Must be smooth
    Must have some sport handling characteristics. I don't want the DTS to handle like the truck
    Good traction in the snow. I live in upstate NY. I can drive in the snow and it doesn't bother me at all but I like a tire that has good snow capabilities.

They have to be H rated or better and must come in 235/55/17

Now having said that I would like to comment on another tire. The Uniroyal Tiger Paw. I had these on the STS once. What a POS. Awsome traction in the snow but other than that they're junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750 View Post
    That is NOT the ideal tire for the STS. Look at a Continental ContiExtreme Contact. That Assurance thing has the driving characteristics of a moderate snow tire, especially during more "spirited" driving. Lateral traction is unremarkable, and they have a somewhat coarse breakaway. They are also noisy, squaking in tight curves. They LOOK like some kind of high performance tire, but are anything but. They do have good rain performance, no idea about ice, still would NOT buy again.
    Ownership:
    91 Brougham d'Elegance 350
    02 Deville DTS
    01 Deville DTS:
    Custom installed Volant CAI
    Custom PCM
    Body color engine components
    Cruiser Alloy wheels
    EBC brakes and rotors
    Eibach springs
    Corsa exhaust
    Sportwing Spoiler
    Semi-custom interior
    Custom quad Hi-Beams
    Future Plans: More interior work.

Memberships:
    National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
    Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
    Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade

----------------------------

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.