Continental vs. Avon vs. Michelin
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Continental vs. Avon vs. Michelin in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am planning on replacing the tires on my 1994 DeVille Concours in the near future. I currently have Michelin ...
    JCM1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 Deville Concours, 1997 Seville SLS, 1981 Eldorado

Continental vs. Avon vs. Michelin

I am planning on replacing the tires on my 1994 DeVille Concours in the near future. I currently have Michelin Pilots and plan to replace them with either another set of Michelins, not sure which, Continental ContiExtemeContact, or Avon Tech 550 A/S. A friend of mine has the Continentals on his Eldorado and he speaks very highly of them. I have personaly seen them pull some pretty amazing handling manuvers with no difficulty. At the moment I am more partial to the Avons however, as I am looking for a comfortable ride as well as handling. I feel that the Continentals or any of the performance Michelins will be too stiff. Does anyone have any experience any of these tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Continental vs. Avon vs. Michelin

I ordered the Avon's. They came in yesterday and will be installed later today. Also having the stablizer bar links replaced and a four wheel alinment done. I'm very interested to see how it rides after the work.

Avon= sweet ride, excellent handling. No wonder why Rolls Royce-Bentley and Aston Martin used them exclusivly for so long. The alinment may have had something to do with it but, it was only slightly off. I am very happy with the soft ride without compromising the sability and traction.

subiemech85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I like michelin X series tyres
    currently have a set of x 1
    nice ride, etc. with very long life

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.