Tire comparison
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Tire comparison in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm going to have to put new tires on the DTS soon but I don't really want to spend $160 ...
    codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Tire comparison

I'm going to have to put new tires on the DTS soon but I don't really want to spend $160 a tire or so. It's my understanding that the OE Eagle LS aren't the greatest tires. I will say that in the past I have never liked Good Year tires to begin with.

However I saw that the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred was supposed to be a pretty good tire. Also looking at the reviews on Tire Rack the Continental ContiPremierContact and Continental ContiProContact also got good reviews.

Now I've never been a big fan of Continental either so I was wondering what your opinions are and if anyone has recommendation. I'd like to stay under $130 a tire

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Re: Tire comparison

I have had, and my wife's car currently has, Good Year Assurance triple treads. In my opinion, they are the absolute best tire bar none. They are quiet, ride smooth, and really grip in the snow and ice. You cannot go wrong with them. I also just installed Continental Touring Contact AS tires on my Seville. So far, about 400 miles, I like them. They are not a sport tire, so high speed cornering is not good. But they offer a super smooth and quiet ride. Plus, they are super cheap. They are an S rated tire though. Only good to 112 mph. Not a problem for me, as I do not drive that fast. Both tires are rated for 80,000 miles warranty. My next set of tires will be the Assurance though.

Don

EDBSO is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have the Avid Touring on my Brougham. I like them but they don't seem to come in my size 235/55-17. At least not at Tire Rack.

RedGalant2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): N/A

Goodyears Assurance TripleTred is the best tire on the market IMHO. Though nothing beats a Vogue Gold and White Wall on a DTS!

I think they're a great looking tire, but I hear they're not really that great. And for the money I need something more for daily use with a little performance in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Goodyears Assurance TripleTred is the best tire on the market IMHO. Though nothing beats a Vogue Gold and White Wall on a DTS!

Quote Originally Posted by codewize
    I think they're a great looking tire, but I hear they're not really that great. And for the money I need something more for daily use with a little performance in it.
    Don't know who your hearing that from, but they've been the best tires for the past several years. Nothing beats the benefits of that tire for daily use, or performance use.

Really? Ok well what's the pricing like? Do you have to call for a quote or something?

Thanks

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Well that sucks! Tire Rack doesn't show the size for my STS

What in the GY Triple Tread? It doesn't matter, they're back ordered to hell right now anyway. Look around locally if you need them right away. That's interesting though because all of my local guys tell me that it's not available in my size but yet TireRack has it listed. Hmmm

How the heck to you buy or even get pricing from Vogue? I send email with no response. This is not the first attempt. It's like they don't really want to sell to you unless you're a dealer.

Why can't I just go to the site, look at pricing and decide what I want?

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Just put 4 Goodyear Assurance Triple-treads on. Not a big GY fan but wow these look very aggressive! After doing some research I found them to meet or exceed most of the "conditions" I drive in. Also I read some of the reviews here and they were positive. They have been on only 2 days now and I can already feel the difference in the ride. I can't wait to see how they play in the rain and snow! (maybe I can wait for the snow! lol) Time will tell.
    Paid just under $140 per tire installed/balanced and tax. Got them at a Goodyear shop, and they are selling like hot-cakes.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by codewize
    How the heck to you buy or even get pricing from Vogue? I send email with no response. This is not the first attempt. It's like they don't really want to sell to you unless you're a dealer.

Why can't I just go to the site, look at pricing and decide what I want?
    What car are you looking for Vogues for?

They average $250 per tire around here.

92EldoTC is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex:'92 ETC 4.9 Current:'91 Sedan Deville 4.9

im running futura 2000 lte on my eldorado.
    65,000 mile warranty and $70 a tire.
    I have over 10,000 on them and they arent even showing signs of wear.
    They ride real smooth and grip good also unless my right leg gets a spaz causing my right foot to stab the gas pedal, then you'll hear a lot of squealing, other than that, I have no complaints and wouldnt hesitate to buy another set.
    good luck in your tire shopping.

1997seville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 Seville SLS

I have BF Goodrich Traction TA's on my SLS. Only paid $80 a peice I think at Tirerack. Love these tires. Very quiet, they are directional and perform amazing in the rain. Have not had them in the snow yet, but the reviews siad they were good there too. Only spent total $400 on tires, and the mount and balance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.