1995 STS Rear Knuckle Upper Bushings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 1995 STS Rear Knuckle Upper Bushings in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi All. I need to know where I can find rear knuckle upper bushings to connect to the rear upper ...
    Brews is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 1995 STS Rear Knuckle Upper Bushings

Hi All.
    I need to know where I can find rear knuckle upper bushings to connect to the rear upper control arms/wish bones.
    Knuckle replacement from GM is more than the value of the car.
    I am capable of replacing them if only I could find the proper bushings!
    This seems like a difficult one. I'd like to hear from anyone that may have a line on these bushings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bschelle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS 1999 Deville 1991 Eldorado

Re: 1995 STS Rear Knuckle Upper Bushings

I have yet to find just the bushings!! Good luck. I just replaced the rear knuckles on my 99 Deville. They are BIG bucks!

3lung is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm not to sure but i think we are looking for the same part. I have a 95 sts, just had the arnott passive system installed and they said i have bad bushings in the rear. Bad thing is they are in a spindal and you must replace the whole dang thing....big suprise...490 bucks a piece through GM. i refuse to pay that much heh. i need some cheap aftermarket one's. Any help would be great.

I also replaced the rear air suspension system, but I used Strutmasters. I am VERY pleased so far. Found the bushing problem after that.
    Car has to be on a suspension hoist to check it out; I was using a frame hoist and the problem eluded me.
    Now the car requires a safety check and it will not pass in this condition.
    3lung: if I find them I will let you know!! Plz do the same if you happen to find them.

Bought my knuckle from Brasington Cadillac for $333.72 & $10.00 shipping.

Hi bschelle; that seems like a wonderful price for the rear knuckles on your DeVille; it would be wonderful if they fit...this is something I am unsure of, not having access to GM's little computer...seems to me GM wants to gouge the people they think can afford the parts.
    If I knew that comfort Caddy parts would fit in with the Northstar suspension, I'd order the parts right away.
    I've had some connection with aftermarket suspension/bushing houses, and I'm coming up dry.
    The STS is developing a dry knocking noise from the rear now which is not attributable to the strutmaster replacement struts.
    I need replacement bushings!

Here is Brasington's link.
    http://www.brasingtoncadillac.com/en_US/

Duffer97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 STS

Were you able to find the bushings anywhere? - I just got a call from my shop giving me the bad news---almost 500 apiece!?! I don't think so. Anyone have experience replacing these units? Is it a driveway job?

Thanks!!
    Duff

Jakester55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Brews View Post
    Hi All.
    I need to know where I can find rear knuckle upper bushings to connect to the rear upper control arms/wish bones.
    Knuckle replacement from GM is more than the value of the car.
    I am capable of replacing them if only I could find the proper bushings!
    This seems like a difficult one. I'd like to hear from anyone that may have a line on these bushings.
    HERE IS THE ANSWER!!

MARCH MADNESS SALE

GET THEM NOW FOR $199.00 & SHIPPING

BUY YOUR SET HERE

Last Shot Auto Parts, LLC We are the LEADER in REPLACEMENT Cadillac Rear Knuckle Bushings for your car !![/B] They fit All Models from 1993 to 1999, and Eldorado to 2002. The Suggested Retail Price for these Cadillac Suspension Bushings is $249.00 & Shipping,and provides both Cadillac UPPER Bushings and Cadillac Lower Bushings in the Set, requiring only 1 set per Vehicle. The Bushings will enhance the ride and control and will return the car back to the Quiet, and Smooth Original Ride.
    The Bushings carry a 1 Yr Limited Warranty and are Real Automotive Quality Products, Designed & Engineered Specifically to remove design failure and flaws inherent in the GM parts, and exceed the OE performance requirements for your Car !! We sell Worldwide, and provide Installation Support necessary for a Super easy Install with Instructions that are included.

You Won't Damage The Bushing Or spindle Installing these Cadillac Bushings! We Quality check the OD on our bushings and refinish the surface to closely held tolerances to insure ease of insertion, while providing a STRONG, reliable, and safe product!!
    (Also we can Part Number the Product as well, as we sell more than just this part and application !!! )

For the do it yourselfer or the pro with minimal tools. We have your bushings in stock !!

Beware of Molded Plastic (Polyurethane): It squeaks going down the road ! DON'T BE MISLED !! They OFFER installation on your knuckles because certified Mechanics WON'T install them ?!! And they GREASE them so they won't squeak AT FIRST for a short while!! When the lube is gone listen to the wonderful Squeaky Cadillac !!?!! And then you can end up with this issue:

"I have a 1997 deville d'elegance. I repaired the rear knuckles......................... and used POLYURETHANE performance
    bushings for the top. However after ~2500 miles, I am feeling "bumpsteer" from the rear, and I have suspect worn out upper bushings. Do you sell the uppers only as a set of 2? I would buy them from Ebay."
    Thanks in advance,
    John , VT

We set the standard AS the FIRST Cadillac Replacement Bushings on the market! We have PAT PENDING on our products for a reason!! All the rest are cheap imitations so why would you want to pay twice ??

Customer responses: see our "feedback" section from customers)

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have these bushings available. I had them installed and what a difference in the handling and ride on my Deville. Your excellent customer service, and going the extra mile is refreshing in todays business world.
    Thank you!"
    DAVE , Iowa

Hello, I just wanted to say how grateful I am to your company... as those lovely folks over at Caddie don't carry them as a replacement part…… Your help when I needed it via phone was immediate and accurate. You set the bar for outstanding customer service. These are tough times and most of us are tightening our spending…….I will recommend your product to any and all caddie owners with the same very common problem.
    Thanks again,
    Mike , IL

petseno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

yea he is a real piece of work (lsapllc) steals all my key words and all my adds because he can't think of any him self call me unethical when he goes around telling everyone tha these bushings is not the only part he sells when in fact they are ,says he has paten pending on some washers he uses to keep the bushings from fallins out and rattling ,steals all my slogans for ebay adds
    and you guys want to do buisness with him wait till you have a problem and he tells you that no refund case your knuckle is shot and by the way shaving is for your face not automotive bushings emails himself to say polyurethane bushings squeak when in fact they don't

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.