Service Ride Control..... Fixed!!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Service Ride Control..... Fixed!!!!!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well let me start off by saying that it has been a long battle that i finally have won!!!! I ...
    1993 eldorado green1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Service Ride Control..... Fixed!!!!!!

Well let me start off by saying that it has been a long battle that i finally have won!!!! I will describe my suspention problems and i hope that this thread will help people for years to come.

when i bought my caddy i looked for days on all the cadillac sites in hopes to find an answer to this message and came up with nothing. I eventually ended using some common sense and alot of phone calls and came up with a solution to my problem. This may not work for your car but it did for mine.

ok, my car is a 1995 cadillac eldorado ETC with the rss suspention system. I have seen tons of post here about flashing codes in the trunk of the car and such but on the 1995 eldorard/seville this is not true, there is not any light on the rss module, you can see the codes right from the ICP.

the first step in figuring out what the problem is will be to get the code/codes that are causing the error message. I would do this before you make a thread here because nobody will be able to help you unless you have the codes.

next you need to figure out what the codes mean, in my case i had codes s062 and s072. these two codes refer to the left rear wheel position sensor.

code s062 is the ride height position and code s072 is the accelerometer. I posted here with the codes and didnt get 1 response to these codes, in fact i posted several times and got nothing..

i decided that i didnt like the harsh ride anymore and decided that i was on a mission to fix this thing once and for all.

after realizing that i needed a new left rear wheel position sensor i started making calls and found out that NOBODY sells this part except some junkyards and the dealership.

I ended up at the dealership only to find out more interesting info. it seems that in 1995 there was a change in the system that the cars used.

in early 95 the cars had accelrometers in the wheel position sensors and in late 95 they decided that there was gonna be problem so they elminated the accelormeter but kept the ride height sensor.

this means that in order for me to replace my wheel position sensor i would have to buy the "updated" cadillac rss computer for a cost of 1,250.00 plus the new sensor for 250.00.

this is a high cost for a 95 car that has new struts already so i thought theres gotta be a better way and i found it.

i found a late model 95 seville sls in a junkyard that was still intact. I looked at the sensors and to my surprise, they were new!!! I quickly grabbed the sensors ( for 20.00 each ) and was on my way home to put them on.

if you remove the 4 screws from the actual sensor and remove the metal backing plate you will be able to see the circuit board through the clear rubber sealer that GM used. I quickly noticed that this sensor didnt have all the circuits that my original one had but i installed it anyways.

i cleared the codes and test drove only to find that the " service ride control " was back again, this time with the s072 code only.

i quickly went back to the junkyard and was able to get the rss computer from the trunk for a small cost of 35.00!!! i came back home and installed the computer and cleared codes.

on first test drive i could tell a big difference on how much softer the car rides.

i am happy to say that that service ride control is gone now and my eldo rides the way it should.

again, this might not help you but its a start in reducing the problem of this rss. I will be looking into possibly making some resistors to do the bypass if you are interested but if you only have a problem like mine it would be easier and cheaper to just fix it right..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

91TexasSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado

Re: Service Ride Control..... Fixed!!!!!!

Nice job 1993 eldorado green1

The junk yards in my corner of heaven remove the whole cradle when they receive a running/shifting Cadillac. The whole front suspension is gone and what remains has been cut or hacked. The rear is another story and I have found some next to new components just waiting for another chance to get back on the road.

grond245 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Service Ride Control..... Fixed!!!!!!

I have a ride height sensor error code on my 95 DeVille (RS0063). I'd like to get a look at the sensor, but I don't know where it is. How do I find out?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    It's mounted to the body in one of the rear wheel wells. Not sure which side on your year/model.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.