92 deville - brake job = abs woes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 92 deville - brake job = abs woes in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; so the other week i go to replace the front brake pads. rotors were just fine. i get everything back ...
    disruptive_entity is offline Cadillac Owners Member

92 deville - brake job = abs woes

so the other week i go to replace the front brake pads. rotors were just fine. i get everything back together and start to back up the car. brake pedal goes to the floor and car doesn't stop at all. now the abs kicks in randomly when stopping (at least until the light comes on) and the abs light also comes on randomly (but it's always after i've been driving for at least 5 minutes). it turns off upon restarting the car everytime. is it possible the brake job and these mysterious incidences are related in some way? i also replaced a wheel cylinder in the drum a month before but nothing was out of the ordinary after that. as far as i'm concerned disconnecting the abs by pulling the wiring harness off of the plastic reservoir on the abs unit is an acceptable fix except for the fact that it leaves the bright yellow light on in the dash. any way to turn the light and the abs system off at the same time? some cool wiring trick or something? anything would be greatly appreciated. i am loathe to start replacing the bearing/hub assemblies as those ain't exactly what i'd call cheap. although something tells me that's what it is since tha abs works okay albeit at odd, random intervals when it shouldn't be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: 92 deville - brake job = abs woes

Air is in the ABS pump and since it cycled, air is most likely in ALL of the lines. You need to bleed the brakes profusely starting at the farthest from the master cylender and working your way closer to the master cylender.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.