20's on STS......minimal turn radius...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 20's on STS......minimal turn radius... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; get a bout 60 % original turning without rubbing.... im jsut gonna go in with air tool and beat in ...
    SwitzerCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

20's on STS......minimal turn radius...

get a bout 60 % original turning without rubbing....

im jsut gonna go in with air tool and beat in teh seams inside the wheel wells under the plastic...this shouldnt cause any damge to anything would it...is there any electrical i should be watching for...?

anybody had to do anything like this..? any tips.. horror stories..?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS_spinnin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 20's on STS......minimal turn radius...

mine is back on stocks right now and i havent notcied any difference except for the ride

SwitzerCadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

maybe your wheel wells are a little bigger, than mine, maybe you have a smaller tire than i do...ive go the hankook sport k 104 245/40zr20 nice tires still.....

i plan on doin the eibach thing and reducing clearance another inch or so....which aint gonna make things easier i know.....also, where am i gonna get this the cheapest (the eibach kit) ?

Closet Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SLS

I'm running 245/35/20s on 20x7.5 rims with a 40 offset. No rubbing issues up front. Recently installed FE1 struts and Intrax springs (2 inch drop). Off the hook!

Doing the rear springs at the moment. The STS right rear is all apart in the garage as I post. Man, what a PITA! Had to disconnect the sway bar from the frame, rear stabilizer link, upper hub/wheel bracket, and more! Your standard issue spring compressor is very hard to work with due to it's size! The rear coil is smaller than what I have replaced on other cars.

UPDATE: Finished rear coil install. A real PITA. The 20's do not rub in tha back, and I am down 2 in. with the new coils. BTW, my rear shocks are shot.

My next project are the rear shocks. Any suggestions on replacements? Arnott, Boston, or Strutmasters?

Took it with my RAZR. Will take pics with proper dij camera later. On dubs...

Attached Images

Sumitomo 24/35/20s from http://www.tirerack.com . Limited 20x7.5 w/40 offset from JJ at http://www.rvmwheelz.com . The wheels(blank when new) were custom drilled 5x115. Intrax springs from http://www.summitracing.com Pics!

Attached Images

jcdsog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looks good!

Following up on post. The springs have settled, and it is slight lower. Still, no issues of rubbing. Had to take the dubs off the other day ;-( Winter is here!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.