??"Traction Disabled" message??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, ??"Traction Disabled" message?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have only been experiencing this problem for maybe the last two weeks or so and have never seen this ...
    donclericuzio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

??"Traction Disabled" message??

I have only been experiencing this problem for maybe the last two weeks or so and have never seen this one before. Anyway Ill be driving and then casually it will just pop up TRACTION DISABLED, I was like WTF, why is this coming up?? I started paying closer attention to it and it only happens whenever Im going atleast 35mph, and I hit a descent size size bump in the rode. Then after that you can tell that it doesnt get the traction during accerleration like it should!!! Has anyone else had this one?? My suspension is shot and I think this could contribute to the problem?? Any and all input will be apreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: ??"Traction Disabled" message??

The acceleration is lacking because the car will start in second gear with traction disabled.

Pull the codes from your dash by pressing OFF and WARMER with the key on. See what comes up.

Oh, And what kind of car? I'm guessing N* powered by the description, and gave the info above accordingly.

Kiyoskia is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation I have the same problem

I own a 1995 Seville SLS (with the 4.6L engine, of course), and my I'm getting an intermittent problem with the traction control and the ABS. Every now and then, my car just pops up with the "TRACTION DISABLED" message, and at the same time, the ABS light turns on. While this is going on, the car starts in 2nd gear, and full throttle doesn't make it downshift (I asked Cadillac about this...they said it was because of the Traction Control System...something about tire slip and weight distribution). Anyway, I've heard that I should just clear my TCS codes and things will be peachy, but when I asked Cadillac about it, they said " Noooo!!! You don't want to do that! The only thing that'll happen is that it'll stop that from happening for 5 minutes." Anyway, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Depending on the fault clearing the codes might restore normal operation, but write them down first and post them here. Gives us an idea on where to start looking for a intermettent problem

Kiyoskia is offline Cadillac Owners Member

P036 History
    I052 History
    A037 History
    T037 CURRENT
    T077 History
    T035 History
    S036 History
    S044 History
    S061 History

According to the "current" problem (I'm not even going to THINK about the "history" of my car...pun intended), my left rear wheel's speed sensor has a continuity problem. Seriously...how is this fixed? I've heard things before about "hub and bearing assembly" and whatnot, but I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pull the LR wheel and look at the wires going to the sensor, and follow them up the suspension. Heck, the thing might just even be unplugged from the last person to work on it. If it's plugged in, make sure the wire is securely fastened. A lot of times they flop around and rub on the wheel or tire and it eats through a wire.

donclericuzio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah I had to do that one time whenever I was changing a flat tire,! The silicone looking wire was completely severed!!! I tried to N-rig it with electrical tape but my fingers are seriously to big to even try, besides that I looked closely and they wire didnt even seam to have any electrical wires in it. As if it were hollow and had air running directly through it!! Ill check again, I know im going to need a strut replacement, what would be the best bet for the best dollar, and also maintaining the cadillac floating ride!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.