Wondering why the ride is so rough!!??!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Wondering why the ride is so rough!!??!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey there fellow caddy owners, just got another troubleshooting question to ask and hope someone has the awnser for it!! ...
    donclericuzio is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wondering why the ride is so rough!!??!!

Hey there fellow caddy owners, just got another troubleshooting question to ask and hope someone has the awnser for it!! Well I own a Cadillac STS 1995 she has 190375 (give or take a few) Trust me she runs quite well, a little bit of a rough idle but I think that might be the timing. The main concern at the moment is how horrible the ride is for my beaut. You would honestly have me fooled that Im riding in a bronco on like 33" tires. I would assume that I just need a full suspension replacement. I was wondering if motor mounts needing to be replaced would contribute to the ride inequality?? Also has anyone used the replacement kit that can be found on link from this website somewhere, Im not sure which one but it goes for like 499.99$ I think. thats for the full front and rear, and they say is compatible with the electronics of our STS'. Speaking of electronics, I was replacing a flat once on the rear, and I noticed that a vaccum hose or electrical wire above the caliper set up that was just completely severed. It was such a small mm that my huge fingers really couldnt work with it but Im sure thats not good. One more thing.....is it possible to tell if your bearings are shot?? My sister had hers replaced on 02' model car and mines a 95, so I can only imagine how bad mine are/ or not?? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: Wondering why the ride is so rough!!??!!

The bearings will typically make a growling or a rumbling noise when the car is moving. The noise is aggrvated on the front bearing opposite of the direction your turning as well. They usually don't contribute to ride quality however, I would suspect struts or a possible bushing problem.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

Re: Wondering why the ride is so rough!!??!!

man with 190k you need some struts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.