Called StrutMasters today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Called StrutMasters today in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yes so I called Strutmasters today I wanted to let them know that my mechanic was unable to insatll the ...
    Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Called StrutMasters today

Yes so I called Strutmasters today I wanted to let them know that my mechanic was unable to insatll the resitors that came with the Struts, I spoke to a lovely man named Joe, he pulled my work order and told me within the next 2 weeks they will be shipping out the "next new fangled, save the world device" that will plug directly into the plug itself, I imagine this is somthing silimlar to what arnot sells,Its made for the 96' 99' caddy any way Hopefully Ill have it within a couple of weeks, & my prolbems will be sloved.
    Hopefully my plugs are still intact.

Just thought I Would share with the group.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Called StrutMasters today

please let us know of the outcome!!

dammright I will!

Re: Called StrutMasters today update 4/17/06 SUCESS RSS/TC MESSAGE DISABLED

Ok after many weeks of waiting and many calls that went unanswered by StrutMaster I finally began grtting call backs. The new plug in coils are not ready and are at leats 6-8 weeks away, remember in Febuary they told me 2 weeks.

So Strutmaster sugguested they sent me a new bgger coil resitor that has a 50/50 chance of working. So i figure what the hell. I was worried that if it did not work and I cut my wires to the plugs I may not be able to use the new parts if & when they come in. So the new parts come they are much much MUCH bigger than the parts that came with the orginal purchase, at least 3 times the side, much better connections, you can actually thread the wires though and wrap them up so they will not come loose. The parts actually came over a week ago, but today was the first nice day that I off in a while.

So I jack the car upcrawl on under there, its a very tight space lots of tucking and pulling some cursing to .Anyway If any of you do this, make sure that when you cut the plugs off you leave enough wire that can be spliced, incase the pocedure does not work and you have to wait for the new plugs that I waited in vain for, thread the wires though the connections tape em up and tie them back, VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you race all the wires back and check all theconnections its very easy to pull a wire out as there is a lot of pulling and tucking, I had several loose connections.

I turned the key on checked and erased all PCM, TCC & RSS coded, started the motor and WAH-LA nor more TC/ABS lights, no more suspension messages

Took her for a spin and all is good for once in my life, got ABS, TC, First gear and can exceed 90 MPH. The car is fast as hell again and is running real well.
    BTW while I was under theback of the car I inspected and greased ll my bushings as they looked real worn out and elimanated most of the squeaking I had.

I hope you all benifit from my experiance.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

voila.

des
    des is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

did you have to install a relay in the trunk and tie it to the driver information center.

No I did not......never even opened the trunk

91TexasSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado

FYI.... to anyone reading this thread....

Greasing factory bushings will accelerate the demise of the bushing. Not recommended!

Deville79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville

I know the feeling of getting the run around but to be quite honest I went through the same problem and Strutmasters stuck with me the whole way through it. The cadillacs are a difficult car with the electrical system and computers and they are the only company I have found with enough gumption to touch the conversion kit for them. I called Arnott when I was looking for a conversion kit for my Deville and they told me Strutmasters is the only place you will find with conversion kits for the cadillac. I know its never fun playing phone tag when your talking about your car but they had great coustomer service and were willing to work with me and got everything squared away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.