99 sts elc problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, 99 sts elc problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i had my rear shocks replaced a few months ago, and now i have a problem where if i have ...
    rbrandon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

99 sts elc problem

i had my rear shocks replaced a few months ago, and now i have a problem where if i have 2 people sitting in the back of the car, it will level itself out, but then the compressor will run every couple of minutes. could it be the air lines? height sensors? any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: 99 sts elc problem

I would suspect an air leak because the compressor has to keep pumping it up, but it may be considered "normal"..

Since the shocks have been replaced, id suspect an air leak where the line goes to the shock. how was itbefore shock replacemtn?

rbrandon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Re: 99 sts elc problem

before i had the rear shocks replaced, the compressor would run every couple of minutes with noone in the back of the car. the back never sagged, it was level, but it was like it had trouble keeping itself level even with noone in the back. i had the car put on a lift and one of the boots on the bottom of the shock had a hole in it and the other one was cracked, so i had the shocks replaced. now. it levels itself out with people in the back, but the compressor will kick back on every couple of minutes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.