Oh, Sandy,,,thinking of getting those Vogue tires and,,,,,,,
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Oh, Sandy,,,thinking of getting those Vogue tires and,,,,,,, in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ,,,,recognizing that you have had some experience with them, wanted to ask you a coupla questions, if you wouldn't mind. ...
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Oh, Sandy,,,thinking of getting those Vogue tires and,,,,,,,

,,,,recognizing that you have had some experience with them, wanted to ask you a coupla questions, if you wouldn't mind.

1) How are they for comfort? Are they any smoother a ride than say, the Michelins that the SDVs come with from the factory?

2) How about their usefulness as a full, all season tire? Any probs in the snow? Rain?

2) How about their ability to "clean up real good"? I remember you said once in the detailing forum that it was a bear of a job keeping the whitewalls white. Why is this? I currently use S.O.S. pads (steel wool impregnated with soap) to keep the Michelin tires blindingly white on their sidewalls.

Thanks in advance,,,,,,,,,,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Oh, Sandy,,,thinking of getting those Vogue tires and,,,,,,,

They are a very good over the road long distance tire. They run smooth an exceptionally quiet. They corner just okay. They wear well. You have to keep them at peak inflation. If they are supposed to have 32 pounds of air, you need to keep 33.

Cleaning them is the worse job there is, car cleaning-wise. SOS / Brillo do NOT work on them. They are made differently. The pads will stick to the whitewall part, and you'll not be able to rub the pad back'n forth !! !! !!
    They in turn will attempt to sell you VOGUE Whitewall tire cleaner at $7.00 a bottle in a case of 24, or $168.00 + shipping ! Don't!! !! !! It's the samething as Westley's W.W. tire cleaning in your supermarket...
    You'll need a LOOOOOOOG handle bristle brush with exceptionally firm bristles, (so you don't wipe out your back and/or spine! ) Spray em up real good & start rubbing It will take an entire bottle to do one complete cleaning and each tire will take you 10-12 minutes.

Me? I would not buy them, again, because when they get dirty, they tend to turn GREY and they look like S ! ! The front wheel drive brake dust dirties em up real fast all over again. For the gold stripe, you'll need to pour some of that Westley's into a cup and dip WOODEN (only) Q-Tips into it and rub them along the indentation of the gold stripe. Wooden 'cause the plastic ones bend and you cannot apply the needed pressure to the Q-Tip. The wooden ones are stronger.

IF you have a Steam Jenny at home, go right ahead & buy them

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

Wooden??? You mean the paper ones like on a tootsie pop?

No, I mean WOOD. They make them. They don't flex and seldom break. They are the same width as the plastic ones, but are made of wood - REAL honest-to-goodness, WOOD

Pete Benson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Talking Re: Oh, Sandy,,,thinking of getting those Vogue tires and,,,,,,,

Of course, you could jlust not get the Vogues at all. You'll have a better looking car, and just THINK of the money you'll save on Q-tips..............lol

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Every REAL review I've ever read lately has basically just said they're overpriced junk, and I'm inclined to believe that. Also that they've gone down even further in quality over the years. Part of that, as I was told, was a switch to manufacturing them in Asia recently, but I couldn't confirm that.

I do actually like the look on a lot of cars, but the price vs. quality comparison would still make me stay far away and go for regular whitewalls of a quality brand and model for a LOT less.

But, it's awfully hard to say NO to this:-

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

if you ask me id say avoid vouge at all cost ...

i love the way they look on sandys car ...

but i work int he service dept for cadillac , all day every day i see vouge shod cars coming in with vouge problems , balance , ride , even tires that get those nasty sidewall pregancys ....we have one tire guy that spends his whole day dealing with vouge tires , and our service managers frenetly give up onthe vouges after as much as the 8TH SET and talk the customer into going with a tire fitting a cadillac ....called michelin ...ive been in dureing the phone calls to vouge corparte , involving not onyl our service managers , but managers for the southeast cadillac dealers and such ...in fact were about ready to quit offering the vouge tire at our dealship....

vouge nowdays is a sub standard tire

go micheiln , or go home

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Well Jeez - Louise, what a wide range of opinions!

Sounds like too much effort for too little return. Thanks for all the replies, guys.

cadillacdrvr8692 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

i have a vogue tyre going bald BAD!!! on my sedan and truthfully im almost to the breaking point of just not getting any more vogues period...im not a traveler but man they wear QUICK...and for almost 300 a tire...it just isnt worth it i guess im going to replace the badly balding one with michelin and when i get the spair cash change the other 3 asap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.