Refreshing Suspension on 94 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, Refreshing Suspension on 94 Eldorado in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Looking at a thorough refresh of the front end on my 94 eldorado. She's been sitting for a couple months ...
    os101king Guest

Refreshing Suspension on 94 Eldorado

Looking at a thorough refresh of the front end on my 94 eldorado. She's been sitting for a couple months due to what I come to find out was simply a resistor in the remote start unit (cost me a new starter and a seriously drawn out lesson on removal/replacement of same!!). I've run into a bit of cash, and I want to get her back on the road and closer to what she was when I bought her at 89,000. She's showing 168,000 on the odo now, and has a few other problems (along with pissin oil like all of 'em) that I'm having fixed. My question(s) is (are) such. First and foremost, I am purchasing the latest kit from Boston which claims

(*NEW*) Luxury Ride suspension kit 1993 to 1996 Seville & Eldorado. Also, 1994 to 1996 Deville: 4 Wheel suspension kit with computerized self adjusting rear air shocks. Same as kit #6, the difference is this delivers a luxury ride. This kit features all Monroe parts.

They also claim that the suspension will function EXACTLY as it did stock. Any feedback? The suspension discussions on this are rather old, wanted to know if there's any new feedback. Will probably go with the lesser option, (not the LUXURY package) since I'm doing the springs with more aggressive units.

Also, parts I will likely need to replace at that mileage (168k) in the front/rear end suspension, common wear/failure items. I am replacing the old springs with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (only an inch) so the suspension's gonna be pretty well apart. I don't want to have to send it back to the shop for a couple bushings that would cost me $50 now and $350 with labor later. Any suggestions? Maybe part numbers?

One more thing. Any one with experience with Yokohama AVID H4 tires? Had a Conti, wore like a wal-mart sock. Want something better, but am not willing to part with an arm (or leg) for michebridgeyearstones. Using a 245/45/17.

Thanks everybody. I'll be sure to post on anything I experience with this combination, springs/replacement shocks and the like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

os101king Guest

Exclamation Re: Refreshing Suspension on 94 Eldorado

got an email from Boston Suspension, said I should replace the "BEARING PLATES". No response on this board yet, i guess. ANYBODY who knows ANYTHING is encouraged to respond. Even if you want to know how my combo works out, get in touch/post and I'll contact you as things go. Please, as one enthusiast to another, if you have mechanic's view advice on how to proceed, help me out. Anyone worked professionally on this car regularly? Know what wears out and when? Time is of the essence, the car goes to the garage tomorrow. Work starts early next week. I want to have some parts ready for the guy.

Thanks

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: Refreshing Suspension on 94 Eldorado

The electronics he will supply to "supress" the SRC (Service Ride Control) message from coming up will most likely be the wrong electronics. Keep your old shocks and struts so that you can reuse the dampering valves off of them to supress the message.

There aren't any strut bearings on the 94 eldo. I think they started using them in either 96 or 97. So I don't think you'll be able to find a bearing plate for your car, and I don't think you need one unless he gives you the wrong struts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.