which wire do I cut??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Suspension, Brakes and Tires Discussion, which wire do I cut?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 93 Deville with the SSS light on. I understand the factory manual says to cut the green ...
    medicz28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 SDV / 94 Z28 Conv. 355

which wire do I cut??

I have a 93 Deville with the SSS light on. I understand the factory manual says to cut the green wire on the BCM, number 1300, pin 52. My BCM is behind the glove box, it lays horizontal with two connectors, side by side. the first connector, closest to the glove box has one green wire; the other by the firewall, has two green wires. Which one should be cut to disconnect the BCM from the suspensionand turn the SSS light off? Neither one has pin numbering or label numbering. Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: which wire do I cut??

Quote Originally Posted by medicz28
    I have a 93 Deville with the SSS light on. I understand the factory manual says to cut the green wire on the BCM, number 1300, pin 52. My BCM is behind the glove box, it lays horizontal with two connectors, side by side. the first connector, closest to the glove box has one green wire; the other by the firewall, has two green wires. Which one should be cut to disconnect the BCM from the suspensionand turn the SSS light off? Neither one has pin numbering or label numbering. Thanks for your help.
    Wait a sec! It is NOT referring to the BCM behind the glove box, but the SSS control module located under the drivers seat. That wire merely runs to the bulb in the dash though, I have always found it easier to simply remove the bulb than screw with the carpet and wiring under the drivers seat.

Dude, thank you. I looked and felt under the drivers seat and felt nothing but flat surface. So I assumed it was behind the glove box. I'll remove the carpet this time. I tried to just cut the wire to the bulb, but can't seem to get to it. It's encased in a metal shroud. The manual says to remove the lower dash to get to the info center. Besides I can give it a good cleaning without the seat in there.

What? Nah, its not nearly that hard. Remove the wood trim around it and it comes right out. Start where the the Twilight Sentinel control knob is located, above that cutout in the black part is a screw at an angle, take that out. Repeat on the other side with the Window Lockout switch. Now pull the top of the side trim panels out and then up to unclip from the bottom. There are screws above the Fuel Data Center and Climate Control Module, one side has one screw, the other has two. (its been awhile, I forget which is which) Down by where the clip was on the side panels, theres two screws on either side for the center section that need to be removed as well. Remove the small section under the steering column by pivoting it out to reveal the last two screws holding the trim on. Take them out and the whole wood trim piece should lift off. Now remove the two screws holding the info center in and take it out. The SSS bulb just twists out like a plain dash bulb.

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Hmm... on a 93 Eldo there is nothin under the seats. All computer boxes are either in the dash or behind the rear seat (accessible from the trunk).

Peteski

Yea, I wish they had the bright idea to put stuff in easy to get to places like the trunk a little earlier. The 93 Deville is the last of the older gen Devilles, like Night Wolf's bodystyle. In fact, his is a 93 as well. That seat thing is a pain in the butt. Power seats are usually pretty heavy, and plenty awkward.

Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

damm cadillacs too complictated

I went with the cut wire method, Took all of five minutes. I just cut the slit under the seat a little bigger and in and out. No SSS light anymore . Thanks guys for your help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.